St Charles bay report?? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #11
mccain
Registered Users-pm+

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
i used to go to rockport regularly and we would always catch fish around egg point about midway on the east (or is it north?) shoreline
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #12
Deer30
Registered Users-pm+

Deer30 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
It's almost D day guys. Loading up the truck and rigging poles. 2 spinning rods with jig heads, 1 bait cast for top water and 1 bait cast for live/dead bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deer30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 11:19 PM   #13
SolarScreenGuy

SolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer30 View Post
Thanks for the replies. If you guys were fishing in 2 days from a kayak. Where would you fish? Is the east shoreline better than the west in st Charles?

I have a pal who fishes out of goose island every other weekend and he said St. Charles Bay was covered with oyster boats this last weekend. If you try, get downwind of the oyster boats, fish the off colored water that has a lot of stirred up bait. I have done well with this technique on occasion. However, given another area choice, I would suggest that.
www.solarscreenguys.com
SolarScreenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 01:18 AM   #14
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Naw....as far as I understand they closed St Charles Bay to oystering this year.....

http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20170126d
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #15
SolarScreenGuy

SolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Naw....as far as I understand they closed St Charles Bay to oystering this year.....

http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20170126d
I did read where St. Charles Bay was closed, however have verified with 2 different people, One who lives on the Bay, that oyster boats were all over the place recently. Some even coming from as far as Louisiana. Sadly there are outlaws in the business. Maybe that's what it was. Anyway, they will stir up a lot of bait and if you get downwind you may find some fish.
www.solarscreenguys.com

Last edited by SolarScreenGuy; 02-23-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Add to post
SolarScreenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #16
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Where is TPW when you need them?

Probably hassling some kid over shooting hogs at night.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #17
duckmania
Registered Users-pm+

duckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirate
I haven't been in st. Charles since the last weekend of duck season, there were probably 65 oyster boats in there mid bay. The most I have ever seen in my lifetime.
duckmania is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 07:31 PM   #18
Txredfish
Registered Users-pm+

Txredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to Pirate
TPW not enforcing where they need to be???????
Txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017, 06:51 AM   #19
specktout
Registered Users-pm+

specktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Pirate
I live on St charles bay in Lamar, they opened up the bay for oysters about three weeks ago, and there was probably 50+ oyster boats in there tearing it up, they're mostly gone now, but still a few around. A lot of people fish this bay in Kayaks, but its hit or miss this time of year depending on the wind and fronts blowing in. Your best bet is to try to find a protected shoreline and fish when there's some tide movement. The boat ramp on Lamar beach road is closed for improvements until April, you can launch at Goose Island Park and work the shell reef the runs East from the pier, and if the wind isn't a issue work the South shoreline of ANWR joining Aransas bay.
specktout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #20
Deer30
Registered Users-pm+

Deer30 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Update: went down and launched from GISP. Landed a 16" red right near the pier on a Berkely gulp mud minnow in new penny. Hit the islands/r eefs along the way to east pocket. Lots of bait activity but didn't get about bite. Fished some shells on the south end of the pocket and hooked onto my first and only keeper red. Went across the pocket and fished all around egg point. Some of those places look like they can hold some numbers in fish. Caught 1 gafftop and 2 hard on cut mullet. The wind was crazy and I probably did more paddling than fishing. It was a good trip and I'll be back in 2 weeks for spring break. I pick up my new boat next week. No more paddling!! What's all the hype about mud island?? Heard some locals talking about it, first time I ever heard of it.

Deer30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message