Cocodrie next weekend - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #11
capone
Registered Users-pm+

capone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Pirate
You have the wrong boat for trout this time of year. Unless you can catch a school moving out of the marsh under birds. The big water gets nasty if the wind kicks up. There are red fish anywhere there is water moving, but enjoy your trespassing ticket if you get off the main canals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
capone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #12
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripin' Lips View Post
I am not sure where you are staying but go talk to ol' coonpop at the tradewinds marina and he will be happy to offer advice. Just ask for the guy who invented the coonpop. Also, redfish can be found on just about every point, drain, cut and shelf. Also, I found that the wind and currents funnel thru this marsh in a funky manner so you may have to do a little running to find clear water.
we are staying at cocomarina. I will get with them though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajuntriton View Post
Yes you can see it on google earth. Due east of Cocodrie, It's Fornation, spell check changed it to formation. If you want more help/details PM me your number.

thats a long way out in unprotected water, probably a no go this trip. my tentative plan was to head west and north if its windy. ill pm you my number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone View Post
You have the wrong boat for trout this time of year. Unless you can catch a school moving out of the marsh under birds. The big water gets nasty if the wind kicks up. There are red fish anywhere there is water moving, but enjoy your trespassing ticket if you get off the main canals.

is the land posted? Louisiana has some backwards laws for sure...owning marsh?
gotmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 03:33 PM   #13
capone
Registered Users-pm+

capone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmuddy View Post
we are staying at cocomarina. I will get with them though

thats a long way out in unprotected water, probably a no go this trip. my tentative plan was to head west and north if its windy. ill pm you my number.

is the land posted? Louisiana has some backwards laws for sure...owning marsh?

The land does not have to be posted according to state law. If you are in a clear pond you are on someone's property.

capone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #14
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by capone View Post
The land does not have to be posted according to state law. If you are in a clear pond you are on someone's property.

that may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. no wonder their roads are ****.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #15
Ripin' Lips
Registered Users-pm+

Ripin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to Pirate
I don't think you'll have to worry about a trespassing ticket. There is a lot of water in the area and hardly any boats. the last time we were there we fished pelican bay, California bay and bay blanc. Its a fairly long run but easy to do it. I did it in a poling skiff with a 40hp tiller so you'd be there in no time! There are plenty of protected channels for you to get there. Also, cell service is spotty so be prepared. In some areas the cell service works fine and you can use your phone to find and run channels. Other times its nonexistent.
Ripin' Lips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #16
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripin' Lips View Post
I don't think you'll have to worry about a trespassing ticket. There is a lot of water in the area and hardly any boats. the last time we were there we fished pelican bay, California bay and bay blanc. Its a fairly long run but easy to do it. I did it in a poling skiff with a 40hp tiller so you'd be there in no time! There are plenty of protected channels for you to get there. Also, cell service is spotty so be prepared. In some areas the cell service works fine and you can use your phone to find and run channels. Other times its nonexistent.
what was the wind like?