Report for Rockport Walk-ins - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #11
blacksheep76
Registered Users-pm+

blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)blacksheep76 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Nice job
blacksheep76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #12
TxMav
Registered Users-pm+

TxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I'm still trying to figure this fishing thing out. Posts like yours are super helpful to rookies like me, so I really appreciate them. I fish the RP area almost exclusively. Keep'm coming.
TxMav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #13
1fisher77316
Registered Users-pm+

1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate1fisher77316 has been promoted to Pirate
You know it doesn't get much nicer than a fellow fisherman who is ready and willing to help his fellow fisherman with a timely report that really had a great deal of information. Someone should thank him rather than complain. Just this man's 2 cents.
Tight lines!!
1fisher77316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #14
captain sandbar
Registered Users-pm+

captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
PJ, haters gonna always hate, so let it run off you like water on a duck's back. Glad you have had success... last Friday and Saturday I fished Aransas Bay and although I enjoyed myself immensely - weather was awesome - I was not all too successful. Friday I fished from Long Reef Bend to Allyans throwing a heddon spook and thumping mullets from 4 til 7 and only had one massive blowup, but the big red spit the hook. Saturday I fished from 1 til 7 from Fence all the way to Spauldings and only had one solid bite. I could see folks in Spauldings catching good fish but they were throwing shrimp, and I had no appetite for that.... And the mullet and other bait fish were everywhere. Glad things have improved since last weekend. Curious what kind of new boat you getting? Don't let the haters get you down. CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocjetty View Post
So I woke up this morning to a couple of nice PM's, which I appreciate. But also one nastygram from someone basically accusing me of making up my report. I don't understand why some people are so negative, or why they enjoy being that way. But fine...

I drove down to the water, stood on the shore, and caught this guy. Not a monster, but a nice solid fish. For the record, I used the same Catch 2000, but I put it on a 9' rod so I could cast a long way. This fish hit about halfway in, so I could have easily reached it with any setup. I can't say my feet are dry, because I got splashed - but close enough.

If that's not good enough, you can't be convinced. I'm going up to help the guy who sold me my boat with his computers today, but I will probably finish up my limit this evening when I get back.
captain sandbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #15
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Well I only managed to pick up three this evening. Missed a few hook-sets, and lost a couple on the way in. And again, no monsters. But four decent keepers today, and enough action to keep things interesting in between trips to the ice chest. Not too shabby for fishing from the bank.
Attached Images

pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #16
ctsa
Registered Users-pm+

ctsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Piratectsa has been promoted to Pirate
Nice report and fish! I'm sorry you had an unkind PM for a helpful report and good day on the water. I personally really enjoy reading everyone's report and hearing the success stories. Keep posting helpful info and congrats on a great day!

Cheers
ctsa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #17
pocjetty

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
I appreciate some of the comments and PM's. Always good to be reminded that there are still a lot of good people out there. I really wanted to post up this time, because I know that there are a lot of people who don't have boats. Today was just an experiment to see how well I could do without getting in and wading.

I've tried to answer all the questions from PM's. Based on last year, I'm hoping that the fishing in these spots will continue at least until early May.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #18
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Who is sending you nasty PM's? Report them, there is no sense in that BS.

Thanks for the report
bigfishtx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #19
Copano/Aransas
Coastal Bend Fishing

Copano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to PirateCopano/Aransas has been promoted to Pirate
Nice job!! Good report also.
Copano/Aransas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #20
pocjetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishtx View Post
Who is sending you nasty PM's? Report them, there is no sense in that BS.

Thanks for the report

It wasn't a PM. I give my personal e-mail to people here from time to time. A few of them have made me regret it. It's nothing that different from some of the comments you see in open threads - it just gets a little more personal when it's someone who I tried to help out, and when it comes in on my personal e-mail account. Maybe that's dumb.

There was a guide who was accused of killing pelicans, and a bunch of people here were doing their best to make sure he lost all his clients, smearing his reputation, etc. I suggested that it's best not to hold a lynching before a man has had his day in court, and that being accused is not the same thing as being guilty. And people went nuts. That's when the nastygrams started. I didn't think I sad anything that controversial, but there is an attitude that has taken root in this country that I don't even understand. I'm sure some people would say that it's my fault for giving out my e-mail address.

LOL... later I suggested that not all people who home school their kids are nutjobs, and that not all kids with ADHD are brats with discipline problems. Those things also make a lot of people angry. But it's not just me. You see those nasty responses in a lot of threads. It seems like some people are just waiting for their chance to jump on someone. I'm not going to cry for a moderator to make it stop - I just move on and go catch some fish or something.