Advice/Help Needed on Trailer Bunks - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #21
tarpon98
Registered Users-pm+

tarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Piratetarpon98 has been promoted to Pirate
Running longer center bunks all the way to the back would help cradle and center your boat better not going to far back in water and as your pushing boat up with engines have your partner back trailer at the same time. Then hook up strap and tighten. Works for us every time. Especially on windy ramps that tend to push boat sideways
tarpon98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #22
Where'dMyBaitGo
Barefooted in Paradise

Where'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to PirateWhere'dMyBaitGo has been promoted to Pirate
I swapped out magic tilt up front for some bunks like you.

Now I have been having the same issue with alignment.

I think I am going back and having the magic tilt put back in front. It seemed to guide things best.
Where'dMyBaitGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #23
TXFishin
FV Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'dMyBaitGo View Post
I swapped out magic tilt up front for some bunks like you.

Now I have been having the same issue with alignment.

I think I am going back and having the magic tilt put back in front. It seemed to guide things best.
Do you have a link or picture to the magic tilt setup?

FV Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #24
TXFishin
FV Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoastalbender View Post
From my experience those bunks look way too wide apart ... I've had 'em on trailers and lifts and none were that far apart ... also you need a slight pinch at the bow end of the bunks, you want to 'funnel' your hull onto the bunks ... also agree with others about not putting the trailer in to far ... you don't want to float the boat onto the trailer you want the trailer to guide the boat up, more motor less trailer in the water ...

So maybe have the front of the target bunks almost touching, and about say 6 inches or so apart on the rear?

The target bunks are 2x6's

FV Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #25
Thecfive
Registered Users-pm+

Thecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
The easiest boat I have owned to load and retrieve was my old 25' Whaler on a Sportsman trailer. I put a 4x4 on each side of those pop up rollers and when I put the bow into that groove it was like being on tracks. I also had the low side guides as mentioned above but with gray rubber instead of black to keep from marking up the side of the hull. These are rock solid and something you should also consider...you can also keep the tall guides as mentioned. With this setup...which also did not have counter rotating lower units...I could launch at the shallowest of ramps. I can recall launching and retrieving at San Louis for a tarpon trip, being able to just stick the end of the trailers last roller in the water and driving her right up on to the bow stop on a friendly bet...wish someone would start making that setup again. Miss that old boat but there is someone on here that has it now in Freeport...
Here she is bwguardian
Attached Images

Thecfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #26
Never easy
ITS JUST NEVER EASY

Never easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecfive View Post
Here she is bwguardian
that's purty!
Never easy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #27
Thecfive
Registered Users-pm+

Thecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to PirateThecfive has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never easy View Post
that's purty!
Thank you sir!
Thecfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #28
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Bottom line you need more bunk. Front....rear.....wherever. you need more bunk contact to keep hull where it is supposed to be. Get more bunk contact. And power up. Spray the front 1/3 of your bunks with liquid rollers. It will power right up smooth and the bunk will cradle keeping it where you need to be.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #29
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecfive View Post
Here she is bwguardian
Yep, still have the last registration card on her. She is looking good! Glad to see you keeping her up as I did...the guy I sold it to, not so much.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 02:12 PM   #30
My Little Big boat
Registered Users-pm+

My Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to Pirate
I made mine long! From the back axle to just in front of the front cross member. I also sprayed them with that bunk spray so the boat rides up easily.
I placed them just far enough apart so the boat don't hit the trailer and she now loads much easier than ever before.
Attached Images

My Little Big boat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message