Next window - April 24-25 - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #21
Nitrobay
Registered Users-pm+

Nitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to PirateNitrobay has been promoted to Pirate
drum

Looking at going in the morning what do you think? Maybe a quick trip to sea rim.
Nitrobay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #22
essayons75
Professional Salesman

essayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanmills View Post
Grr that's exactly what I do. Sometimes I catch hardheads, usually I catch nothing. I must be doing something that I don't think I am though.
I've had days without even a hardhead nibble Keep at it.
essayons75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #23
HoustonKid
All my friends say.....

HoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to Pirate
The window is moving.
Attached Images

HoustonKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #24
jmbrittain
Registered Users-pm+

jmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Piratejmbrittain has been promoted to Pirate

Bob Hall Pier around noon today.. Didn't bring a rod, had the family there. Great wind & waves. Lots of guys fishing around. Never saw anyone catching though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmbrittain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #25
JCSHEPHE
Registered Users-pm+

JCSHEPHE is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Really interesting thread! I've been wondering if there is a solid reference for surf heights. Just took a look at SwellInfo. Is the app a better version for the $3 fee? I generally fish Bolivar so I guess the closest report to that is choosing Galveston? Last, is there a good rule of thumb for a certain wind direction equating to flat surf? I.E: does N winds means more calm generally? Thanks in advance. Time is precious so the more info I have to pick and choose windows of opportunity the better.
JCSHEPHE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #26
essayons75
Professional Salesman

essayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSHEPHE View Post
Really interesting thread! I've been wondering if there is a solid reference for surf heights. Just took a look at SwellInfo. Is the app a better version for the $3 fee? I generally fish Bolivar so I guess the closest report to that is choosing Galveston? Last, is there a good rule of thumb for a certain wind direction equating to flat surf? I.E: does N winds means more calm generally? Thanks in advance. Time is precious so the more info I have to pick and choose windows of opportunity the better.
North wind usually lays the surf but a light SE wind is usually the best for water clarity. SW wind makes the water sandy.
essayons75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #27
Sancroix
God Bless the fishermen

Sancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to PirateSancroix has been promoted to Pirate
I've been on the beach since 11am this morning. Did see some casters on the second bar, but headed in as I was going out. Water is sandy green, breaking at the wade gut. Lots of birds working. Seen schools of large mullet in the second gut, and what I think was a smack chasing them. Have not been able to entice a bite on plastics, spoons, or shrimp. Did get some good practice with a baitcaster reel.
Sancroix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 04:47 PM   #28
jordanmills
Custom User Title

jordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Piratejordanmills has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by essayons75 View Post
1st or second gut. We ended up catching about 75. Had doubles on tandem rigs several times. Kept 13 bigger ones. Fishbites are like crack to them.

Mono leader with two size 3 circle hooks, 3 oz triangle weight on bottom, fishbites. Put in rod holder and don't touch it until you are 100% positive that a fish is hooked on it. Ignore the surf and weed tugging on the line occasionally.
Thanks... I got one on Saturday!
jordanmills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message