More Green Dick you still cold up there? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Rubberback
Raiser of BOB White Quail

Rubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to Pirate
More Green Dick you still cold up there?

You always ask for pics. Plants are growing just hope I get some fruit.
Attached Images

Rubberback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #2
Dick Hanks
Pike

Dick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to Pirate
Great pictures Randy! I like the yard bird picture as well as the garden pictures. I've got a looong history with both. Your plants all look very healthy.

You are really staying on top of the weeding this year. I remember some of last years pictures where the weeds were getting the best of Ya..... Not this year.

Yes, we are still cold up here. The ice is off the lake and the frost is out of the ground. However, the center of my big pile of woodchips and the center of the compost pile are still frozen. Tonight and tomorrow we are forecast to get snow flurries. Hopefully, we will be getting a slow warming trend after that.

The plants that I'm grown in the house are lookin very good so far. The pepper plants have been transferred to 4" pots and the tomatoes will go into 4" pots over this coming weekend. We are still 3 or 4 weeks from being able to put them in the garden. There are about 100 plants growing in the house under lights.
Dick Hanks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
Sugars Pop
Registered Users-pm+

Sugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to Pirate
Dick,
I don't understand why you don't pack up and move to Texas to get away from those frigid conditions and have a year round garden.
Sugars Pop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
Dick Hanks
Pike

Dick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugars Pop View Post
Dick,
I don't understand why you don't pack up and move to Texas to get away from those frigid conditions and have a year round garden.
My body just doesn't adjust to heat very well. Kinda the reverse of how Rubberback starts to freeze if it gets below 50 degrees.

I was born in Minnesota and grew up doing things in the winter like fishing through the ice and cross country sking with the temps well below zero degrees. Anything above 80 degrees is too HOT for me. If it's above 50 degrees, and I'm active, I'm comfortable in just a Tee-shirt. That summer Texas heat would kill me!

However, after I got past 60 years old, that below zero **** lost it's glamor. Fortunately, about that same time, we were able to start spending our winters in either Texas or the Florida Keys. That seems to be a good mix for us.
Dick Hanks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
Rubberback

Rubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to Pirate
LOL! I don't know anything about the north. But the real problem I have with cold weather is the fricking wind. That wind cuts through me like a knife.
I love snow about once every 5 years. The farm really looks pretty with an inch or two for about 5 hours then its gone.
Dick we had two cold fronts this year and the one that got down to 16 for 2 days was to much for me.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
Sugars Pop
Registered Users-pm+

Sugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to Pirate
Agree with RB. If it's hot I can find comfort, i.e shade tree, jump in the lake, sit in an air conditioned room, get in the truck with the AC going, sit by a good fan with ice cold beer, something.............
When it is below 20 degrees F, you cannot find comfort I don't care what all of you guys that live north of Arkansas say.
Sugars Pop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Rubberback

Heck ya! I even have 2 central a/c's. Extra for back up. I set that puppy at 72 and let it roll. The A/C's I bought don't have a heater. I use wood for heat. Think I used the wood stove twice this year. The wood is gonna rot.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #8
Paul Marx
Registered Users-pm+

Paul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to Pirate
Nice looking place Randy . The garden's looking good . Looking at mine last eve , I'm fixing to have a weed problem . Dick , I can't imagine dirt freezing , that's just to cold for me .
Paul Marx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #9
Rubberback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Marx View Post
Nice looking place Randy . The garden's looking good . Looking at mine last eve , I'm fixing to have a weed problem . Dick , I can't imagine dirt freezing , that's just to cold for me .
I've got some weeds. I'm not weeding the onions anymore or the taters. I noticed my tater plants are starting to die. I'll be picking the onions and taters soon.
I did notice some small maters are growing. I love it. Come on maters. I'm dyeing for a homegrown mater bad.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #10
Paul Marx
Registered Users-pm+

Paul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to PiratePaul Marx has been promoted to Pirate
Yea some of my taters appear to be wilting . I don't know if that's from all the water I got or it's almost time for them to be done . I'm gonna try harder next year on my onions . Mine don't look anything like yours .
Paul Marx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message