Chest or Hip - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Wade Fishing Forum

Notices

Old 03-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #1
Fishsurfer
Snakesurf

Fishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to PirateFishsurfer has been promoted to Pirate
Chest or Hip

So what do you like regarding a lure carrying device. I use a Chest pack type that will keep the lures out of the water while wading. I like it because they are not sitting in the water the whole time I'm fishing and I can keep the lures separate that I am using. Otherwise I have to rinse off everything in my box that is on my hip or waist. I also like a sling that basically stays above my waist. I have found that YKK zippers last longer than any other kind and they are corrosion resistant. So what do you like to carry lures while wading and why?
Fishsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Wade belt.
The O-ring waterproof boxes do great.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
CMT1
Registered Users-pm+

CMT1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Wade belt. Helps give some back support. I found the over the shoulder carriers get in the way of casting. They move around too much.
CMT1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
WADEN
Registered Users-pm+

WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)WADEN has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Texasflag4

The lures will probably get wet no matter what . I'm old school over the shoulder . I can twist it around to my chest and not worry about dropping it . On my chest is in the way and on the belt it's in water and could be dropped .
WADEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #5
Salty_UH
WHOSE HOUSE? COOGS HOUSE!

Salty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to Pirate
small box in chest pocket of waders
Salty_UH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
o.b.
Registered Users-pm+

o.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirateo.b. has been promoted to Pirate
I prefer a wade belt with a pouch and keep a water proof box in it. I also prefer a belt to attach my accessories, stringer, pliers, and net. Ive tried over the shoulder pouches and just don't like them. Personal preference I guess.
o.b. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
Mojo281
The Migration Stops Here

Mojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to PirateMojo281 has been promoted to Pirate
I have used the Magellan Sling for years and love it!!

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mage...dCatid=1034722
Mojo281 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #8
Hawglife
Reel Deal

Hawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to Pirate
X2 for the Magellan sling, it's been a good quality product. I use it for wading the salt and bass fishing occasionally. It sat around for a while after heavy salt usage, the zippers were slightly stuck, but once I got it opened it worked like a charm, which is surprising. Figured the zippers would be done with by now, I've had mine for over 3 years now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hawglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
I use both. Over the shoulder box for lures and jig heads. On the belt bag/box that velcro on back of belt for soft plastics and other rigging. Generally nothing is dry anyway so why fight trying to keep stuff dry, just rinse it good after fishing. I also like the wide wade belt for back support.
RB II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #10
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I got tired of the soaking boxes of lures lures and I found that I rarely threw every lure that I carried on a wade. Now I carry only a few choice baits and they stay dry in my shirt pocket in these lure keeper things. I use a 1qt. freezer bag to store soft plastics and jig heads. Everything fits into my pockets.

During times when I want to carry a few more items, I use a soft pliable 13L dry bag. Roll it down, clip it shut, and attach to myself with a carbiner. No more soaking boxes of lures.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message