Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
stevenaa
Registered Users-pm+

stevenaa is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
South Padre in July

Accidentally posted this in the Surf fishing topic.

I have some experience fishing Port A. Mainly trolling with Ribbon fish in the pass for Kings, and fishing around the jetties with live shrimp for whatever bites. I'm sure the shrimp will work. Is the Pass at Padre good for Kings? I'll be there with my entire family for Great Grandparents anniv. We have a condo on the bay with a slip about 2 miles from the pass. I'll be taking out a lot of inexperienced to unexperienced folks and am looking for any suggestions on fishing that will be easy for them. Are the piers under the bridge good to fish with shrimp? I've seen reference to spoil islands. Are they in the bay or off near shore. Any near shore structure that is good to target. Not looking for honey holes, just any well known locations that would be good to try.
stevenaa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
23Dukdogtx!
Registered Users-pm+

23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner23Dukdogtx! has been promote to Gunner
We used to vacation in Long Island Village rental homes every 4th of July, and I used to fish along the Brownsville Channel up into Mexiquita flats out to the old causeway. Caught lots of trout with inexperienced anglers. Had a ball!!!
23Dukdogtx! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #3
russcue1
Registered Users-pm+

russcue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I've been to SPI in July and the king weren't hard to find just needed to find the bait. Didn't see any in the jetties but you didn't have to go far out to find them. In between the jetties you could catch as many jack crevalle as you cared to fight. Although we didn't catch any kings between the jetties, my spidey sense tells me they feed there in the summer. Good luck.
russcue1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
stevenaa
Registered Users-pm+

Thanks. Are you talking about finding live Bait. I use frozen Ribbon fish. Easy to find in port A. Hopefully in SPI.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #5
mike flores
Registered Users-pm+

mike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Piratemike flores has been promoted to Pirate
Quik Stop, Texas 100, Port Isabel, TX They've
always had it when I passed through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
mike flores is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #6
stevenaa
Registered Users-pm+

Awesome. thx.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
russcue1
Registered Users-pm+

russcue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrusscue1 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I meant find the bait on the water. Look for the birds diving. Bait pods were pretty easy to find and the kings were mixed in with everything else chasing them. Ribbonfish are great but x-rap diving plugs and drone spoons works well too.
russcue1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message