I give up, need some rib help! - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #21
monkeyman1
Winter Hater

monkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Pirate
Those look pretty good. How did they eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #22
Shaky
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

Shaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to Pirate
Exactly like I was craving......just a bit of tug but bone came clean. I Used brand rib rub, guests steak rub, and a healthy dose if coarse restaurant grade black pepper, just the right amount of spice

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #23
Shaky
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

Shaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to PirateShaky has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
Exactly like I was craving......just a bit of tug but bone came clean. I Used brand rib rub, guests steak rub, and a healthy dose if coarse restaurant grade black pepper, just the right amount of spice

Fiesta brand rib rub and,steak rub, sorry my fingers are still a bit greasy!.......

Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #24
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Looking good!
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #25
GoneSouth
Registered Users-pm+

GoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
Fiesta brand rib rub and,steak rub, sorry my fingers are still a bit greasy!.......

Shaky those look good.

One thing I do is I apply the rub and then put them on a cookie sheet protected with foil. I "render" them in the oven at 450F for 45 min. Then I put them in the smoker for 4 hrs or even more. I may use a temp closer to brisket temp, i.e. 230 since they are technically cooked already. This method renders some of the fat off. I don't know why but I have never had a bad rib this way. I try different rubs, and I don't prefer sauce. I don't cover them on the smoker either.
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #26
gom1
Registered Users-pm+

gom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirategom1 has been promoted to Pirate
I know a competition guy that uses extra tender Smithfield ribs and he scores with them..funny thing is they come from wal mart..price is fair too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
gom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #27
Sea Aggie
Registered Users-pm+

Sea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to PirateSea Aggie has been promoted to Pirate
If you want to really have them perfect, another way is to cook them Sous Vide and finish them on the grill. I've done them as quickly as 8-hrs and as long as 72-hrs before putting on the pit. Don't get me wrong, I've done well at feeding crowds and cooking for myself, as well as competition cooking for ribs in the traditional methods using smokers of all shapes and sizes. The point is if you start out Sous Vide, it will cook the protein to a perfect point (I like to cook at 140-f for pork).

When I have the time, I try and smoke my ribs between 190-f and 195-f, trying to hit 192 degrees as my steady target.
Sea Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #28
bowmansdad
Registered Users-pm+

bowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Piratebowmansdad has been promoted to Pirate
If I cook on Dad's old pit, it likes to cook at 275 so I use a 3-1-1, using Franklin's rib rub. The 1 hour wrap is with Parkay and apple juice, back on the pit with more rub, maybe brush of honey and pull when they bend.
On my Blazin Grillworks Grand Slam, I don't wrap. Season as usual, smoke at 170 for an hour or so, then 250 till they're done using the bend test for a total time of close to 5 hours.
bowmansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #29
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Man there are some off the wall ways to cook ribs here. It just proves how hard it is to mess up spare ribs.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 08:32 AM   #30
tlt_tamu
Registered Users-pm+

tlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateertlt_tamu has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishtx View Post
Man there are some off the wall ways to cook ribs here. It just proves how hard it is to mess up spare ribs.
Or how particular everyone is with their ribs!
Personally I like all three cuts and all cook and eat differently. 3-2-1 is a good rule of thumb. If you don't want to wrap use some kind of sop to keep them moist after 2-3 hours. The bark on ribs can get really tough
tlt_tamu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message