POC Rental May 4-8 / Shoalwater 19 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
TreyW81
POC H20

TreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Texasflag4 POC Rental May 4-8 / Shoalwater 19

I am looking for a rental on the water with a boat slip May 4-8 but Tigrett and POC rentals only have condo's or high roller houses available.

Is there another rental company option available?

Also, if someone has a Shoalwater 19 Cat is a 115 enough HP or would you go 150? Yamaha of course...

I would check the 21/23 Cats but I keep hearing the 19's plane quicker and easier in shallower water. This boat will be in Shoalwater Bay a lot, usually with 2-3 people fishing.
TreyW81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
TreyW81
POC H20

TreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
newdollar Price???

Also, I am looking at a 2008 Shoalwater 19 Cat / Yamaha 115 4 stroke w/ about 100 hours on it. $20k

For the hours it seems like a good deal, but that motor is 10 years old regardless of hours. The boat looks like it has been stored most of its life.

I am a little worried about how long the gas has been in it and plugging the fuel lines. It will probably need batteries.

Comes with a riptide trolling motor and power pole.

Bargain?
Old 04-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #3
daniel7930
Registered Users-pm+

daniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Piratedaniel7930 has been promoted to Pirate
I know my brother. Has taken his 21 cat into shoalwater bay.
daniel7930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #4
artys only
Registered Users-pm+

artys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirate
I run my 25' Mowdy in shoalwater andthe lagoon .
artys only is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #5
mac8111
Registered Users-pm+

mac8111 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
What is considered high roller ? I don't think you will find many house on the water there for under $500.

I have seen a place called Fishbeck rentals there. Could not find a website for them though.
mac8111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
TreyW81
POC H20

dolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac8111 View Post
What is considered high roller ? I don't think you will find many house on the water there for under $500.

I have seen a place called Fishbeck rentals there. Could not find a website for them though.

We usually get Taylor's Place for about $250, which granted isn't as nice as the $500, but it serves the purpose well. High roller was a bad choice of words and I apologize if that came off as rude, as I have no issue with anyone who can afford that for a few days. Most of those homes are pretty big and are for 6-8 or even 10 people which when broken down is actually pretty reasonably priced, especially being on the water. We only have 4 going that weekend so for 4 nights its 2k plus taxes and fee's (Divided by 4). I save up for these trips so it's no big deal but I had 2 guys back out and finding 2 more that can and want to pay that much (along with fuel there, boat fuel, bait, food, fuel home, etc...) is tricky.

I meant no offense, just wondering if there were other options I was unaware of. I like being on the water so we can jump in and go without unloading, but its a luxury I can live without.

I'll try to look into Fishbeck, thank you.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #7
FRANKLOCKHART
Registered Users-pm+

FRANKLOCKHART is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
POC rentals has a house in Larrys harbor. It isn't on the water but comes with a sling and is a short walk from the house, like less than a hundred yards. I think it was around 350 a night and is a nice place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FRANKLOCKHART is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #8
Aggiechick
Registered Users-pm+

Aggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to PirateAggiechick has been promoted to Pirate
Most of the places on the water are either condos or a pretty nice place to stay. I have stayed at the condos and I know the parking can be a pain but for the price that may be your best bet, if you want a slip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Aggiechick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 07:01 AM   #9
TreyW81
POC H20

snook Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiechick View Post
Most of the places on the water are either condos or a pretty nice place to stay. I have stayed at the condos and I know the parking can be a pain but for the price that may be your best bet, if you want a slip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Yes Ma'am,

I have looked into the condos but the parking situation makes me shy away. We will have 2-3 cars and 1-2 boat trailers. This also kicks out some houses due to fencing and driveway space. I'm being difficult, I know.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #10
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyW81 View Post
Yes Ma'am,

I have looked into the condos but the parking situation makes me shy away. We will have 2-3 cars and 1-2 boat trailers. This also kicks out some houses due to fencing and driveway space. I'm being difficult, I know.
If you are in the condos you can park your overflow rolling stock at the fishing center and pay 5 bucks a day for the parking. It is easy walking distance to Pirate's Cove.
LaddH is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message