Bait-caster setup. What do you use? - Page 6 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 10:50 PM   #51
RC04
Registered Users-pm+

RC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones2571 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdunn5267 View Post
$176 on eBay no tax and free shipping. This is were I got mine.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R...+lite&_sacat=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, bought mine from Sportman's Outfitters. First one on the link. Shipped fast too.
Sure enough, they have the Team Lew's Lite for $175 + free shipping. Do believe I'm gonna order one this weekend. Then comes which rod to mount it on. Looking hard at St Croix
RC04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #52
JamesAggie
Registered Users-pm+

JamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to Pirate
I probably have the cheapest setup out there. Academy H2O mettle ($29) on a ML CCA 6'9" rod ($29). Have 2 of them, and love them!! Catches everything inshore up to bull reds....only got spooled once by a mystery fish at the galveston jetties.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
JamesAggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #53
BHOOKER
I think you drifted over them

BHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to Pirate
Fish I also have an H20 Mettle ....really like it

[QUOTE=JamesAggie;20530097]I probably have the cheapest setup out there. Academy H2O mettle ($29) on a ML CCA 6'9" rod ($29). Have 2 of them, and love them!! Catches everything inshore up to bull reds....only got spooled once by a mystery fish at the galveston jetties.

I have one too James. In 3 years of only salt water fishing its still working
like new. All I have ever done is rinse it off with the water hose.
Last trip caught more then 8 reds over 26 inches its still working great.
I have 15lb mono on it with a tournament choice 7ft 6.
When I took my neighbor out with a Concept C with braid on a 7ft medium/fast
we were both using the exact same jig head and same DSL lure (Im positive cuz he got it from me..same jig head and same lure)..with both of us fishing
the same side of my boat) I could cast just as far as his Concept.
BHOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 04:06 AM   #54
RC04
Registered Users-pm+

RC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRC04 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Well, I broke down and finally made a decision and ordered a Team Lew's Lite from Sportsman's Outfitters for $169.99, no tax and free shipping. Already picked up a Waterloo Salinity rod to mount it on, just waiting to receive the reel. Spent more than I wanted to, but what the heck, only live once. Ready to fish!!!
Old 04-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #55
Jdunn5267
Registered Users-pm+

Jdunn5267 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC04 View Post
Well, I broke down and finally made a decision and ordered a Team Lew's Lite from Sportsman's Outfitters for $169.99, no tax and free shipping. Already picked up a Waterloo Salinity rod to mount it on, just waiting to receive the reel. Spent more than I wanted to, but what the heck, only live once. Ready to fish!!!

Good job. Great setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jdunn5267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #56
RC04
Registered Users-pm+

Well I have to give a hats off to Sportman's Outfitters for really coming through. I placed my order for a Team Lowe's Lite reel on Monday and it was on my doorstep yesterday via USPS. And couldn't beat the price anywhere else. I've already mounted on my new Waterloo Salinity rod and couldn't wait to try it out. Took it out on a small pier under lights earlier this morning and caught a couple small specs. Love the way it performed casting an eighth ounce jig head with a Down South plastic. Tomorrow I'm off work and plan to hit the bay to find some bigger specs and reds to really put this rig to the test. Thank you to everyone for all of your input. This Lew's Lite rocks!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #57
Snaggletoothfrecklefish
Twitch Twitch....Thump

Snaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to Pirate
For plastics I use a Lews Tournament Lite on a 6'9 Sarge Bohica

For tops, corkies, and what not I use a Tournament lite on a 6'9 Waterloo HP Lite.....I Use this set up most the time while wading because you can pretty much throw anything with the HP Lite.
Snaggletoothfrecklefish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #58
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
actually, the first time you cast that set up, you'll forget 'spending more than you wanted to' sweet reel for sure.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #59
RC04
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Quote:
actually, the first time you cast that set up, you'll forget 'spending more than you wanted to' sweet reel for sure.
Tobin, you are so right. I'm really glad that I listened to you and the others and went with that reel. Just the little time that I got to throw a light lure last night showed me how good it is. That reel is soooo smooth, both casting and retrieving, it's unbelievable. Can't wait to hook up on some nice reds and trout to feel the drag performance. Hopefully tomorrow!