Sargent fishing pier - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 01-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
Third bar
Registered Users-pm+

Third bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of GunnerThird bar has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Sargent fishing pier

Looks like we will be getting that pier that's been talked about for years. Sargent news rag from last year says it's to be 500' long and 10' wide with 140' T-head. Me being a builder, 10' wide sounds tight by the time you get your wagon,ice chests, hoop nets, chairs etc. Any thoughts or input?
Third bar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah, seems a little narrow. I wonder how wide the Matagorda Pier is? Also will the Sargent Pier have lights or electricity? Man I bet that Pier will be loaded with lights and generators all night long.

At one time someone was thinking about opening a mobile tackle shop. I would think during peak times of the year someone could make a little extra ching ching down there with one.

You know I'm kind of pumped up about it.
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA REEL DADDY View Post
Yeah, seems a little narrow. I wonder how wide the Matagorda Pier is? Also will the Sargent Pier have lights or electricity? Man I bet that Pier will be loaded with lights and generators all night long.

At one time someone was thinking about opening a mobile tackle shop. I would think during peak times of the year someone could make a little extra ching ching down there with one.

You know I'm kind of pumped up about it.
where is it planned to go?
gotmuddy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
sharkchum
If you ain't first your last

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmuddy View Post
where is it planned to go?
I sent them a email telling them where they can stick their stupid pier. They were planing to put it by the west barge landing and boat ramp. What they need to do is use the money to build a jetty at Mitchell's cut or install some granite groins along the beach to help with erosion. The first storm we get, the pier will end up in the ICW.
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
gman1772
All men die, not all men really live.

gman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
I sent them a email telling them where they can stick their stupid pier. They were planing to put it by the west barge landing and boat ramp. What they need to do is use the money to build a jetty at Mitchell's cut or install some granite groins along the beach to help with erosion. The first storm we get, the pier will end up in the ICW.

When I first heard of the talk about a pier in Sargent I lol'd for at least 5 minutes. And you already listed ALL of the reasons. Jetties on Mitchell's should have been a priority a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gman1772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
Rip-in-Lips-24
Registered Users-pm+

Rip-in-Lips-24 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
completely agree with you sharkchum. i would rather have the jetties than a pier, or they need to save that money to build that marina they were talking about building after the 457 bridge is built.
Rip-in-Lips-24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
schoalbeast101
Registered Users-pm+

schoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirate
Agree with you guys 1000%. Work on the cut and further ICW waterway erosion and beach erosion. My brother-in-law told me that in the late 1960's and 1970's there was 2 more miles of beach then there is now. Crazy for sure!
schoalbeast101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #8
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
thats idiotic, why would they do that????

jetty makes the most sense.
gotmuddy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #9
bigkims1995 
Registered Users-pm+

bigkims1995  is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have no idea of it.
bigkims1995  is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #10
bigdav160
Registered Users-pm+

bigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Pirate
I know, by now, you've seen the pics of the completed pier.
I can't stop laughing. Late last year, isn't that where they pumped the dredge spoils from the ICW?

bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message