West Bay 3/4/2017 - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 03-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #11
GCELLC
Registered Users-pm+

GCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGCELLC has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Good report whether you catch fish or not.
GCELLC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 04:37 AM   #12
jigfisher
Registered Users-pm+

jigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunnerjigfisher has been promote to Gunner
FYI. Son & I fished Wed. morning 0830-1230 far south end of WB. Caught 1 Flounder & 1 Spec both ~18" and 4 Reds 15-18". Was a bit muddy and very windy so stayed in a somewhat protected area. The few we caught was on plastic.
jigfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #13
reb
Registered Users-pm+

reb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Piratereb has been promoted to Pirate
It's the time of the year. I have the hardest time finding any kind of fish at the beginning of spring. It's called the transition time and I haven't figured it out yet.
reb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 10:07 AM   #14
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigfisher View Post
FYI. Son & I fished Wed. morning 0830-1230 far south end of WB. Caught 1 Flounder & 1 Spec both ~18" and 4 Reds 15-18". Was a bit muddy and very windy so stayed in a somewhat protected area. The few we caught was on plastic.
Where about were y'all fishing? Just looking for the general area. San Luis Pass, Jamaica Beach, closer to the bridge?
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #15
texasred
Registered Users-pm+

texasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Piratetexasred has been promoted to Pirate
I struggle this time of year and August. Truthfully it doesn't frustrate me when I can't find any bait activity though. What drives me insane is when I find tons of bait and fish chasing them but can't get a bite to save my life. Oh well guess that's why I keep doing it.
texasred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #16
shorty84
Registered Users-pm+

shorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirate
I don't want this to hijack the ops original post but do want to put everyone on notice. The op mentioned fishing the canal near carancahua. This canal is on the edge of a very toxic waste pit. I've done well in there at times but after hearing about the pit, i won't eat the fish from the area. It was finally reported on Fox 26:

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/239027867-story

Hope the link works.
shorty84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #17
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty84 View Post
I don't want this to hijack the ops original post but do want to put everyone on notice. The op mentioned fishing the canal near carancahua. This canal is on the edge of a very toxic waste pit. I've done well in there at times but after hearing about the pit, i won't eat the fish from the area. It was finally reported on Fox 26:

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/239027867-story

Hope the link works.
Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #18
shorty84
Registered Users-pm+

shorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirateshorty84 has been promoted to Pirate
You bet. I hate that it's there and not being tended to correctly, that's one of my all time West Bay favorite areas to fish.
shorty84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message