Report for Rockport Walk-ins - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #1
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Report for Rockport Walk-ins

I've been getting a new boat built out - it's done except for one more bit of aluminum work. While I've been waiting for it, I've been fishing walk-in spots locally and, frankly, it would have been hard to justify taking a boat out anyway.

I caught this bunch this morning. I had business to take care of early, so I didn't start until about 10:30 in the morning. (On Monday I caught some very nice fish at around 1:00 in the afternoon.) I had my fish and was back to the truck before 11:30. You can see in the pictures that four were just adequate, but the big one was a pig. She tail-walked several times.

I've caught all my fish for the last month on small Skitterwalks and MirroLure Catch 200's. (The Catch 2000 feels like it's been worked over with an icepick, though the picture doesn't show it.) Nearly all have been in 3 feet of water or less, even after the sun is well up.

Mullet are the key. These fish are gorging right now. Most are very fat, as you can see, and their stomachs are full of bait fish, with mullet being the most common by far. Don't knock yourself out looking for protected, clear water. The wind has kept the water stirred up most days, but the fish don't know that they aren't supposed to eat when it's like that. I'm working both lures with fairly rapid retrieves. The Skitterwalks with constant small twitches, while reeling fairly quickly. And the Catch 2000's with a fairly constant, moderately fast retrieve. I know the 2000 is a twitch bait, but right now the mullet are cruising the shorelines, and that's what the trout are looking for.

I'm looking forward to getting the new boat on the water, and I promised a couple of people a thread and some pictures. But if you're shore-bound, this is a good time to walk in and pick up some good fish.
Attached Images

pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 01:00 AM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome report.
Always big respect for your willingness to be so helpful.
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 05:46 AM   #3
fish4food
Registered Users-pm+

fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)fish4food has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Nice! Been fishing around port Lavaca and haven't had much luck. Haven't found to many walk in wad spots. Thinking of making a drive further south in your direction.
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
So I woke up this morning to a couple of nice PM's, which I appreciate. But also one nastygram from someone basically accusing me of making up my report. I don't understand why some people are so negative, or why they enjoy being that way. But fine...

I drove down to the water, stood on the shore, and caught this guy. Not a monster, but a nice solid fish. For the record, I used the same Catch 2000, but I put it on a 9' rod so I could cast a long way. This fish hit about halfway in, so I could have easily reached it with any setup. I can't say my feet are dry, because I got splashed - but close enough.

If that's not good enough, you can't be convinced. I'm going up to help the guy who sold me my boat with his computers today, but I will probably finish up my limit this evening when I get back.
Attached Images

pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
gaftop
Registered Users-pm+

gaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirategaftop has been promoted to Pirate
Nice report and information!
gaftop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
captain sandbar
Registered Users-pm+

captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)captain sandbar has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
PJ, haters gonna always hate, so let it run off you like water on a duck's back. Glad you have had success... last Friday and Saturday I fished Aransas Bay and although I enjoyed myself immensely - weather was awesome - I was not all too successful. Friday I fished from Long Reef Bend to Allyans throwing a heddon spook and thumping mullets from 4 til 7 and only had one massive blowup, but the big red spit the hook. Saturday I fished from 1 til 7 from Fence all the way to Spauldings and only had one solid bite. I could see folks in Spauldings catching good fish but they were throwing shrimp, and I had no appetite for that.... And the mullet and other bait fish were everywhere. Glad things have improved since last weekend. Curious what kind of new boat you getting? Don't let the haters get you down. CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocjetty View Post
So I woke up this morning to a couple of nice PM's, which I appreciate. But also one nastygram from someone basically accusing me of making up my report. I don't understand why some people are so negative, or why they enjoy being that way. But fine...

I drove down to the water, stood on the shore, and caught this guy. Not a monster, but a nice solid fish. For the record, I used the same Catch 2000, but I put it on a 9' rod so I could cast a long way. This fish hit about halfway in, so I could have easily reached it with any setup. I can't say my feet are dry, because I got splashed - but close enough.

If that's not good enough, you can't be convinced. I'm going up to help the guy who sold me my boat with his computers today, but I will probably finish up my limit this evening when I get back.
captain sandbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
Puddle_Jumper
Registered Users-pm+

Puddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome repost and pics.. Thank for sharing !!
Puddle_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #8
EIGHTSKATE
Registered Users-pm+

EIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to GunnerEIGHTSKATE has been promote to Gunner
Thanks for the report really like your fish box.
EIGHTSKATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #9
blackjack runner
Registered Users-pm+

blackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirate
Nice report and information. I kind of thought this fishing forum was supposed to be about sharing information, techniques and interests, and as usual, you have shared your experience and insight with others. Thanks for the pure fishing report.
blackjack runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #10
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Nice.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message