2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

OK, Stumpy...we're good to go....

15K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  State_Vet 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally made up my mind and placed order for the 3 "First Place" pistolas for big buck, big doe and big hog for yore 'shoot out' for Veterans. They will be the same as last year except couldn't get 3 alike with the 7" barrel so had to settle for 5 1/2" barrels instead. Probably a little easier to handle anyways.. Heritage Rough Rider .45 cal..nickel plated wild-west six-shooters.. Give some thanks to TexasT/Charles again this year as well. He's furnishing a box of bullets for each...as well as contributing his services as a CFL at no charge...and he did a hell of a lot of work trying to finally find these for me..

Pens are at the engravers as we speak..and should be here this week. I'll bundle the whole thang up and give it to Jay (Son) on one of his frequent visits down here (bringing my new Grandson for me to see and play with). He will haul them back to Austin when he goes home and you can hook up with him for final delivery...

Good luck, Ol' Buddy...Know you and the rest of the Good Ol' Boys will show them a heck of a time...and a wonderful hunt....

(add...for my fellow woodworkers..the grips on these are Cocobolo wood and they are BEEYOOTIFUL ...LOL)

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
She was very reasonable, Blake...less than ten bucks a pen.. Dunno if she could handle the pistols....or if Stumpy and Roger and the guys would want it done.. If all agree...lemme know and I'll give her a call.. Really not that eager to do it...but agreeable if the Gang wants it done...

You would have to come by the trailer and get the pistolas and take them down to Deer Park...she might even be able to do it while ya wait.. She only took one day to do the pens...

lemme know what you decide. It will be a few weeks until I get all three here in my hands. Charles submits one CFL at a time at about a week interval....so Obama don't think I'm running my own 'Fast and Furious'...or whatever he called HIS gun running operation...:biggrin:

#19 ·
Good deal, George.. Charles/TexasT has the guns at his casa now and we just have to get together for the paperwork. Since you and Roger and Blake think engraving the grips is a good idea we will go ahead with that. Just depends on how long the paperwork takes..but shouldn't be too long and we got enough time before the hunt. When it's all complete I'll give the whole shebang to my Son to take back to Austin with him and you two can hook up for delivery...

Good luck....jim

#20 ·
it's coming together! guns, slings, cases, presentation pistols, fishing rods (compliments of Patfatdaddy), a Texas Ranger Bowie Knife, boresight kits from Laserlyte, we're getting there for sure. we got a few other items but I gotta get with stumpy to confirm the list of "need to have" first.

#21 ·
and by the way remember we are now a 501(c)(19) so all donations are tax deductable. Our address is PO Box 670 Groveton, TX 75845
we thank you. As always, the support we get here allows us to do what we do for those who serve and defend this nation.

#26 ·
just wanted to give a shout out to the good folks at Laserlyte. they have, once again, provided 10 laserlyte bore kits as gifts to the soldiers we will be taking on a hunt in October. here's a link to what they gave. And yes, they GAVE them to us - no cost.
the bore sight .22-50 cal and the MBS accessory kit. As a favor, if you have a minute - I'd appreciate it if you'd email these fine folks and thank them for supporting what we do. I know they'd appreciate it. I know the owner and his son - and they are good people.
http://www.laserlyte.com/collections/laser-bore-sight

#27 ·
Hey, Roger... Thought you might like the e=mail I got this morning.:smile:

"Hello Jim,

Thank you for your email and the kind words. I am so glad we were able to be of support to you and the Good Ol' Boys Group. It makes our day to receive an email like yours and thank you taking the time to email us here at LaserLyte.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in the future.

Sonja McKenzie
Customer Service Representative
LaserLyte"

#29 ·
LaserLyte

Jul 23

Hello Ed,

Thank you for your email and the kind words. I am so glad we were able to be of support to you and the soldiers. It makes our day to receive an email like yours and thank you taking the time to email us here at LaserLyte.

Sonja McKenzieCustomer
Service Representative
LaserLyte

#34 ·
I got this last week and forgot all about it!! I also called the shop and talked to a really nice lady and she said they've received several phone calls and emails!!

Hello WT,

Thank you for your email and the kind words. I am so glad we were able to be of support to you and the Good Ol' Boys Group. It makes our day to receive an email like yours and thank you taking the time to email us here at LaserLyte.

Sonja McKenzie
Customer Service Representative
LaserLyte
sonja@laserlyte.com
Office: 928.649.3201
Efax: 928.649.3970
www.LaserLyte.com

#36 ·
This is always a good gesture for a business that does you a favor..and might also be a good idea for whoever is donating those dozen deer rifles and scopes for the hunt every year. (unless it is one of the GOBs that wants to remain anonymous). A few emails to Savage (or whoever) sure couldn't hurt nothing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.