2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Favorite Big Trout Bait!

5K views 33 replies 33 participants last post by  TKoenig 
#1 ·
Ok guys whats your favorite big trout bait? Mine with out a doubt is a Swimming Image in speckled trout color!! This year alone i have already caught 11 fish 25"+ on it. My all time biggest trout came on it in 06 32" 11lb 8oz! Just wondering what yalls favorite big fish bait was?

See less See more
#18 ·
Wading Mark said:
Soft plastic and it's not even close. Ever notice what pros like Watkins, Plaag, and Eastman have on their rods the most? The soft plastic is a great choice in any situation.
Ya, ever notice how Eastman,Watkins, and Plaag work a soft plastic???
That soft plastics must sing to them trout or somethin cause them boys sure can catch some fish.

#25 ·
I've always been a shrimp under a cork guy. Seems like it has proven itself to me. Never really had much luck with trout and artificials....but I havent really tried very hard either. I remember all those days of fishing the pier at night under the lights, the guys with shrimp would catch all the trout, the guys with artificials would catch a sore shoulder and nothing else.

I guess I would need someone to show me the where/when/and how with arties for me to leave live shrimp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.