2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Spring Pattern progressing

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  troutsupport 
#1 ·
Fished east Matagorda yesterday with Capt Trey Prye. Great day on the water despite spring winds. Trout are holding in about 5.5 foot of water over mud with just a tiny bit of shell. I don't think that was really the key, the key was seeing the trout slicks and bait in the area. With the glass minnows in the area and the trout eating them and starting to pop slicks it's a clear sign that more consistent fishing is on the way. The clouds helped prolong the top water bite as well and we picked up quite a few fish on plastics as well.
Most fish can in top with orange skitterwalks doing the heavy lifting and s few hits on she dawgs as well. Chicken boys in chicken in a chain also produced well on 1/8th oz plastics. I also rounded out the evening with 4 keeper reds on a trout pattern super spook. Great way to end the day.

Trey put us on them today. Give Trey a call, dude works his butt off to make sure you catch fish and have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
tourney gods have a sick sense of humor and find a way to make it interesting...What tournament lined up the wknd with spring break?!

Fished espirito today. Managed 5 keeper trout (largest at 22") and a tourney red at 27.75 and 8lbs for the group. Never were on them but never were off the fish.

West Matty tomorrow...let's see how that holds up! Then off to Rockport with the Mrs. Weather should be horrible but you can't catch them without a line in the water!

Tight lines

Great report Tobin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.