What's your favorite Texas bay system to fish? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 05:51 AM   #11
9121SS
Wish the hull of my boat was wet!

9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate9121SS has been promoted to Pirate
I need to get out more!
East Galveston bay is my go to. I grew up on EB and the north jetties with my Dad.
I've fished it all my life. Never put the boat in any other body of water.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
9121SS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #12
BigNastyBaits

BigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to PirateBigNastyBaits has been promoted to Pirate
Galveston East & Trinity then East Matagorda mainly because I know these bays, I'm sure if I lived closer to other bays they would be my favorite.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #13
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05
Registered Users-pm+

Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to Pirate
Espirtu santo

Only now because of the convenience
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #14
sotexhookset
I love beer....

sotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Pirate
Anywhere north of Port Mansfield. Anything south of there is dead water.
sotexhookset is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #15
coin-operated
Registered Users-pm+

coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)coin-operated has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
No love for Sabine?

It has some advantages, including very low pressure compared to the others mentioned. Sometimes on a Monday or Tuesday I might only see two or three other boats all day...
coin-operated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #16
Rack Ranch
Certified Animal Chiropractor

Rack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to PirateRack Ranch has been promoted to Pirate
I like where I'm at in Portland. I can be in Nueces Bay in 5 minutes, Aransas or Copano Bay in 20 minutes, fishing the ULM in 30 minutes, or launching at Bird Island to fish Baffin in 40 minutes. If I want to drive down to fish Baffin or up to fish Matty I can be sitting on the water in an hour and a half. I only fish weekends during hunting season in any of these bays unless its very nasty cold weather. I can't stand ignorant fisherman or crowds.
Rack Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #17
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Fished the Galveston Bay complex my whole life and getting tired of all the clowns. This is why I agree with Rack Ranch about the Corpus area. I am also in your same shoes relative to work, but need to stay put until the kiddos are out of school for now. I have fished down there off and on since the 70's and agree the water is much better down that way. I plan on fishing down there alot more from this point forward...
bwguardian is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 12:10 PM   #18
Sabinekid09
Registered Users-pm+

Sabinekid09 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Can't beat the diversity of the fishery we enjoy up here on Sabine. Only downside is wading along side some very large swamp lizards dang near year round ?
Sabinekid09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #19
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
If I could go anywhere it'd be Baffin,unfortunately I gotta stay where the work is so I'm stuck with the overcrowded Galveston Bay system.
Majek11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #20
fishin shallow
Registered Users-pm+

fishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotexhookset View Post
Anywhere north of Port Mansfield. Anything south of there is dead water.
This Guy is spot on. Stay north. It's dead if you head south of Mansfield
fishin shallow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message