What's your favorite Texas bay system to fish? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #1
JLJ1981
Registered Users-pm+

JLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to PirateJLJ1981 has been promoted to Pirate
What's your favorite Texas bay system to fish?

I am thinking about moving away from the Houston area. I have a lot free time and could almost fish every afternoon plus weekends. If you could live on any of the bay systems in Texas where would you go?

I've mostly fished Galveston and I am not interested in living down there.

I work from home and can do my job anywhere in the state so work is not a factor.

I will probably start taking some trips to different areas and go out with some guides.

Just looking for suggestions as a starting point.
JLJ1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
monkeyman1
Winter Hater

monkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Pirate
I really like the Port Aransas and Corpus area. Lots of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #3
Anderson Guide Service
Registered Users-pm+

Anderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to PirateAnderson Guide Service has been promoted to Pirate
I like Northern Aransas and San Antonio Bay systems. Thats a tough one though. Really I like everything south of East Matagorda though. The Rockport area is great because you are in range to fish from Espiritu Santo to Baffin.
Anderson Guide Service is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
jherna6714
Registered Users-pm+

jherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Piratejherna6714 has been promoted to Pirate
Port Mansfield and arroyo city. South Texas
jherna6714 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #5
RedXCross
Just stay positive and Rant on!

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
South
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
redfish bayrat
Registered Users-pm+

redfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirateredfish bayrat has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman1 View Post
I really like the Port Aransas and Corpus area. Lots of water.

Lots of boats too. I've been here all my life and now I'm looking for less crowded waters. Nueces bay, and further south.
redfish bayrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #7
trophytroutman
Mirrolure Pro Staff

trophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Pirate
East Matty!!
trophytroutman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #8
SolarScreenGuy

SolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Guide Service View Post
I like Northern Aransas and San Antonio Bay systems. Thats a tough one though. Really I like everything south of East Matagorda though. The Rockport area is great because you are in range to fish from Espiritu Santo to Baffin.
Tough question but I agree W/ Anderson Guide service. Rockport area has been my favorite for decades. Seems like you can always find protected water during the hard blows and the area in general is just plain beautiful. The town of Rockport just gives you a feel of being on the coast like no other location. A short tow north or south and you can fish more bays than anywhere I can think of. I lived down there for a short while during the late '80s and really enjoyed it.
www.solarscreenguys.com
SolarScreenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 04:09 AM   #9
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
East Matty and Baffin

troutsupport is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #10
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
East Matty and Baffin

X2
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message