Shimano Curado HG Sale!! - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 11:52 AM   #11
Outwest
Registered Users-pm+

Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Outwest has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Angry

The employees grab them first.
Outwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #12
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
I never found any for $100, but Academy is selling them for $130 this week.
Attached Images

Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #13
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
With tax, it comes out to be $140.xx
You can find this reel bnib for $120-130 online easily.
Remember this one is made in Malaysia (aka China).
Lexy1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #14
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy1 View Post
With tax, it comes out to be $140.xx
You can find this reel bnib for $120-130 online easily.
Remember this one is made in Malaysia (aka China).
I own one of these reels and have had zero problems with it. Aside from that, aren't all Shimanos made in Malaysia now? I'm pretty sure my Metanium was.

Where have you seen them for $120? Best I saw online was $130 / free shipping.
Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #15
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
Not all.
Chronarch, Metanium, Aldebaran bait casters are still made in Japan.
You can check by looking at the bottom of the reels. If it does not have the "JAPAN" stamp, it's Malaysia (might be a little sticker).
Shimano made a big mistake making their Curado and Citica models in Malaysia.
This is the reason why those Curado and Citica E series reels are like "king of the hills" in their model line now.

I have zero interest in these Malaysian reels but if you look hard enough, you can find them for $110-130 shipped to your door easily.
Lexy1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #16
Speckled
Registered Users-pm+

Speckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Red View Post
I own one of these reels and have had zero problems with it. Aside from that, aren't all Shimanos made in Malaysia now? I'm pretty sure my Metanium was.

Where have you seen them for $120? Best I saw online was $130 / free shipping.
Metanium is not made in Malaysia , thankfully. I also have a Curado I and it is made in Malaysia, but I haven't had any issues with it so far.

Last Curado made in Japan was the "E" model. Then the Chronarch E came out and it was basically the same reel as the Curado E model, just different color. Both very nice reels.

Not crazy about Shimano's made in other countries other than Japan, but like lots of anglers on this site that use other reel brands like Abu, Lew's, 13 Fishing's Concept reels to name a few that are all made in other countries (not Japan).
Speckled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #17
Speckled
Registered Users-pm+

Speckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to Pirate
If I was to rank the Curado model reels from best to worst:

Curado E (200E & 50E)
Curado D (100D & 100DSV only, the 200D was just to heavy)
Curado BSF (200BSF & 201BSF and 100B was a SF model)
Curado B (200B, 201B & 200B5 = "Old Greenies")
Curado I
Curado G (never bought this one, sounds like I didn't miss out)

Just my opinion on the Curado's, your mileage may very .

Haven't tried the new Curado 70 reels yet.
Speckled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #18
Cajuntriton
Registered Users-pm+

Cajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckled View Post
If I was to rank the Curado model reels from best to worst:

Curado E (200E & 50E)

Curado D (100D & 100DSV only, the 200D was just to heavy)

Curado BSF (200BSF & 201BSF and 100B was a SF model)

Curado B (200B, 201B & 200B5 = "Old Greenies")

Curado I

Curado G (never bought this one, sounds like I didn't miss out)

Just my opinion on the Curado's, your mileage may very .

Haven't tried the new Curado 70 reels yet.

I agree with your ranking for durability and ease of maintenance but for performance the I's are the best IMO. The new brakes simply cast further and they are smoother. 70s are my favorite of them all. I hung on to a collection of 200 & 50 e series, they are bullet proof tanks in the salt and have small place in my heart and a 100D. All the older heavier ones are gone. For a buck thirty and a receipt to Academy for hassle free returns that's a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajuntriton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 10:09 PM   #19
Cajuntriton
Registered Users-pm+

Cajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to Pirate
Shimano Curado HG Sale!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckled View Post
Metanium is not made in Malaysia , thankfully. I also have a Curado I and it is made in Malaysia, but I haven't had any issues with it so far.

Last Curado made in Japan was the "E" model. Then the Chronarch E came out and it was basically the same reel as the Curado E model, just different color. Both very nice reels.

Not crazy about Shimano's made in other countries other than Japan, but like lots of anglers on this site that use other reel brands like Abu, Lew's, 13 Fishing's Concept reels to name a few that are all made in other countries (not Japan).

Yep not many left not being built in cheap labor countries, but I believe Shimano and Daiwa are the only ones left that still completely engineer and build their own reels. The rest are built at shared manufactures and only engineer/design some parts of the reel.

Ever put a revo, lews, and bass pro reel side by side? Cracks me up when people bash one in favor of the other. Minute internal changes, brakes, and looks, otherwise same reels. Not that it's a bad thing they are all good products but Shimano still gets my money, if I would ever swap it would be for Daiwa.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:16 PM   #20
Cajuntriton
Registered Users-pm+

Shimano Curado HG Sale!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy1 View Post
Not all.
Chronarch, Metanium, Aldebaran bait casters are still made in Japan.
You can check by looking at the bottom of the reels. If it does not have the "JAPAN" stamp, it's Malaysia (might be a little sticker).
Shimano made a big mistake making their Curado and Citica models in Malaysia.
This is the reason why those Curado and Citica E series reels are like "king of the hills" in their model line now.

I have zero interest in these Malaysian reels but if you look hard enough, you can find them for $110-130 shipped to your door easily.

Have you fished the new 70?

Last edited by Cajuntriton; 03-22-2017 at 10:22 PM.