Canyone Lake talk. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

Location: Stationed at Fort Sam Houston, but i am from the country side of Pennsylvania
PAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Flag Canyone Lake talk.

Thinking about hitting up canyon lake I will not have a boat or kayak any spots that are great from the bank to catch some decent size bass or stripers, thanks guys!- Troutman, Hunter D. USN
PAfishing69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #2
reelthreat
Do you know who I think I am???

reelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Pirate
It is a tough lake to fish from the bank but in college it's what we had to do... this was 20 years ago so it may have changed a little but we always had luck at Cranes Mill Park. There is a little pier there, if you are on the shore looking at the pier walk to the left along the bank there are some limestone cliffs and we did well with crawfish colored divers. I think the bass hung out in the underwater overhangs of the stepped cliff.
reelthreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

Location: Stationed at Fort Sam Houston, but i am from the country side of Pennsylvania
PAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of RiggerPAfishing69 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Alrighty that sounds like a plan and looks like a decent spot, thank you very much for the info will definitely check it out!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
TxMav
Registered Users-pm+

TxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTxMav has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Be careful if you're going to step into the water. There are some steep steep drop offs along the edges. Good luck though. Haven't fished there in years myself.
TxMav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
richard1075
Bite Me!

richard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrichard1075 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Joint Base SA has a facility on the North side of the lake by Jacob's Creek Park. I think they even rent boats.

http://www.jbsa.mil/News/News/Articl...nd-activities/
richard1075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
sotexhookset
I love beer....

sotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Piratesotexhookset has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelthreat View Post
It is a tough lake to fish from the bank but in college it's what we had to do... this was 20 years ago so it may have changed a little but we always had luck at Cranes Mill Park. There is a little pier there, if you are on the shore looking at the pier walk to the left along the bank there are some limestone cliffs and we did well with crawfish colored divers. I think the bass hung out in the underwater overhangs of the stepped cliff.
Yep it's where the river comes into the lake pretty close to that shoreline. Don't leave your things unattended on the pier if you start there and walk down the bank to try it as well. Pos methheads are like buzzards around there and on that side of the lake. They'll steal your gear right out from under your nose.
sotexhookset is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 07:50 AM   #7
D HOGG
Registered Users-pm+

D HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to Pirate
On the West side of the lake in Comal Park there is some good areas you have access to the water for bank fishing. If you Google Canyon Lake boat ramps you can find a decent map of the lake. Look for boat ramp's 4 & 5 and there you will see Comal park. There is a outcrop (finger like) of rocks that you can walk up and down on. Lots of deep water with rock ledges. Make casts parallel with the bank and work those ledges. No need to cast straight out, waters to deep with no structure. Also the water is super clear there so you need to keep that in consideration when choosing your line and lures. The lighter you rig the better chance you will have ...

I can't help but be a little jealous, that's a beautiful lake in a beautiful part of Texas .! Have fun and let us know how you do.
D.
D HOGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

Flag Thanks Guys!!

Went out this morning and got on them quick, I put a picture in the link, biggest one today was pushing 20 inches pretty awesome day, calm winds, with a nice overcast will definitely be checking more spots around Canyon Lake, I would die to have a nice bass boat though!
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #9
D HOGG
Registered Users-pm+

D HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to PirateD HOGG has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAfishing69 View Post
Went out this morning and got on them quick, I put a picture in the link, biggest one today was pushing 20 inches pretty awesome day, calm winds, with a nice overcast will definitely be checking more spots around Canyon Lake, I would die to have a nice bass boat though!
Right on .!.! Great job .!.!
D HOGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #10
PAfishing69
Hunter Troutman

Thanks! hows the fishing your way??