View Poll Results: Which rod?
Lew's 2 7.14%
H2O 4 14.29%
Other (specify below) 22 78.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #11
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Red View Post
Looking at post #3 I'd say you own at least 3 rods built this way.
You are right, never really paid mutch attention because I have been using my Falcon Bucoo spinning reel for the past 3 or 4 years. Found another, LOL!

Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #12
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
So nobody has an opinion on the 2 rods I posted? I see 5 people voted "other" but didn't offer a recommendation. Does that mean buy anything but these? LOL
Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #13
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Red View Post
Looking at post #3 I'd say you own at least 3 rods built this way.

BTW, what is that 1st rod in post #6?
Just saw you edited this, the first rod is a Falcon Bucoo. You can find them online easy for $99.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #14
katjim00
Registered Users-pm+

katjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Piratekatjim00 has been promoted to Pirate
Personally I like the rods that I build. My question is why put a $200 reel on a lower end rod. Not trying to be a smart ***** just asking what the logic is behind that. Quality of blank and components actually makes a difference on the rod. Just like the reel. A $50 spinning reel with catch fish just like a $200 reel will.

As for the down locking vs up locking reel seat, they both work and work well. Depending on the reel seat many people like the up locking style. Its all personal preference.
katjim00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #15
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
The Lews TP1 is a nice rod for the money. I just ordered another one of their Custom Lite rods.... makes a perfect set. They have a med light topwater jerkbait rod that is perfect for saltwater... it's a little more than the price you're looking at.. The TP1 has the same grips and it's nice. I think you'll be happy with it.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #16
Bull Red

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjim00 View Post
Personally I like the rods that I build. My question is why put a $200 reel on a lower end rod. Not trying to be a smart ***** just asking what the logic is behind that. Quality of blank and components actually makes a difference on the rod. Both of these rods feature MicroWave guides and Winn grips on graphite blanks. Sure there are more sensitive blanks out there, but I don't think I'll notice $200 worth of difference on a spinning set up. Just like the reel. A $50 spinning reel with catch fish just like a $200 reel will. Yes, but $50 reels are not as smooth. I prefer Stradics. By the same token, a $100 rod will also catch fish just like a $300 one will.

As for the down locking vs up locking reel seat, they both work and work well. Depending on the reel seat many people like the up locking style. Its all personal preference. And my preference is apparently down locking.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #17
Bull Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
The Lews TP1 is a nice rod for the money. I just ordered another one of their Custom Lite rods.... makes a perfect set. They have a med light topwater jerkbait rod that is perfect for saltwater... it's a little more than the price you're looking at.. The TP1 has the same grips and it's nice. I think you'll be happy with it.
Thanks Tobin. I'll count that as one vote for Lew's. In the meantime, I'll look at their custom Lite rods.

New tally:
Lew's 1
H2O 0
Other 6
Old 03-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #18
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
I've got a couple of the Lew's TP-1 Inshore spinning rods matched up with Lew's T-300 spinning reels. I really like them and would recommend them.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #19
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Falcon Coastal XG is what I'd be after. But if you wanted to throw an extra 20 on top of that 80, you could get a Waterloo Phantom.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #20
Solodaddio
Registered Users-pm+

Solodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to PirateSolodaddio has been promoted to Pirate
Haven't fished either one but both feel like great rods. Recently handled that bone colored h20, it's ultralight.
Solodaddio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message