Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
Jdunn5267
Registered Users-pm+

Jdunn5267 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Braided line debate

I wanted to start a friendly little debate on what is the best braided fishing line out there for inshore fishing. What do you use, bait caster or spinning reel, what line test, how long have you used it, and why is it the best. Everyone is invited so let's hear it!!!!

Last edited by Jdunn5267; 03-13-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Jdunn5267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
Whiskeyicarus
Registered Users-pm+

Whiskeyicarus is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I havebused spider wire and stren myself and found stren to be pretty solid. I just got some mustad 20lb test that i hope to try this weekend. I will update after i try it out.
Whiskeyicarus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 05:08 AM   #3
2Ws
Registered Users-pm+

2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate
50 lb pink Windtamer on everything I own, spin and baitcast
2Ws is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
KastKing braided line. All are great lines. Not expensive like the name brands but better in my opinion. I use braid on all my bait and spin casters and have one bait caster with floro. I have been using KastKing products for about 3 years now and all their stuff is good quality at affordable prices.
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #5
boltmaster
cat lover

boltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirateboltmaster has been promoted to Pirate
20lb suffix 832 for about the last 6-7 years on all my casters except the two I use exclusively for top waters then I like to use a 12lb mono. For me the hook up is better on top waters if there is just a bit of stretch in the line and I like the lure action better.
boltmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
30 lb Power Pro Slick 8. I've used Suffix and Fins, both in 30, and prefer how the PP casts. That being said, I have 12 lb mono on most of my reels, I guess when you''ve been using mono for 40 years, it just feels right.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #7
HooknUp
Registered Users-pm+

HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)HooknUp has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I stick with my 10-12 pound mono. When i did use braid i always had crappy luck with backlashes being a SUPER PAIN. Hard enough with mono to get out those birds nest lol. To each his own i personally.
HooknUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #8
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
10 lb Spiderwire Ultracast Invisibraid on my spinning reels
20 lb Spiderwire Ultracast Invisibraid on my baitcasters
Seaguar STS 25 lb Flurocarbon leaders on everything

I don't know that it's the best by any stretch, but it's been working great for me for about a year now.
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
Jdunn5267
Registered Users-pm+

Jdunn5267 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Wow. It seems like no one uses the same thing. I use 20 lb. fins windtamer (green) on all my baitcasters. Ive used it for about 3 years now. It seems like i get farther caster and less birds nests than power pro.
Jdunn5267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #10
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Oh, forgot I use a different setup for my wife.

10 lb Fins Windtamer Pink on her spinning reels
20 lb Fins Windtamer Pink on her baitcaster
Seaguar STS 25 lb Flurocarbon leaders on everything

Pretty sure she's never actually used the baitcaster, but the spinning reel setup is working like a champ. I don't find I have any wind knots with either of our setups. I think that's a product of shimming the spools properly and not the line itself.
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message