What happened to that Filletzall blade thread? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 06:57 PM   #11
GoneSouth
Registered Users-pm+

GoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to Pirate
I built mine with this saw. Looks like the same saw in the video but a different name plate. $69.99, free shipping plus the Dexter Blade

http://www.amazon.com/Powerstroke-P.../dp/B0094BBNK2

This is the dexter blade I used.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A153DO74J6RK79

I like it for redfish. It also cuts 2x4s pretty good.
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #12
LA Wader
Registered Users-pm+

LA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to Pirate

This is what I've been using. Great for large scaled fish with big rib cages. I use it on larger reds, snapper, and triple tail. I will also add that it takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's bad arse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LA Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #13
Vulash
Registered Users-pm+

Vulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerVulash has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
What's the advantage over an electric knife? To be fair my sawzall isn't small, but I sure wouldn't choose that over an electric knife to filet anything
Vulash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #14
capone
Registered Users-pm+

capone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Piratecapone has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulash View Post
What's the advantage over an electric knife? To be fair my sawzall isn't small, but I sure wouldn't choose that over an electric knife to filet anything

I clean 200-300 reds, and countless convicts each a year with a Rigid one handed saws-all and a modified dexter blade. Can't do that with electric knives, they break or burn up.

capone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #15
LA Wader
Registered Users-pm+

LA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to PirateLA Wader has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulash View Post

After you burn up a whole bunch of electric fillet knives, you look for other avenues. The sawsall was the answer (at the time) to having to clean piles of redfish (15-25 fish) and have no worries of burning my knife up. That sawsall will go through a big redfish like a hot knife through butter!

Old 03-13-2017, 09:25 PM   #16
Navi
Registered Users-pm+

Navi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to Pirate
How do these work on softer fish like flounder and trout?

Navi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #17
LA Wader
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
How do these work on softer fish like flounder and trout?

Unless you have hands steady as a surgeon! I've done a couple trout, but you have to be too careful. I have my sawsall strictly for cleaning a bunch of redfish, this saves my E-knife. I use a regular e-knife for trout, flounder, and smaller reds.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #18
GoneSouth
Registered Users-pm+

GoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to Pirate
The one handed sawsall is the way to go. It needs to be light and fit comfortably in your hand to be able to fillet a fish. I have not found a cordless one that fits like I want it to yet but maybe there are some I haven't found yet or about to be made.
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #19
RedXCross
Just stay positive and Rant on!

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
I made mine with the smallest Kobalt hat I could fine , and IMO, freaking crazy good for Reds or other larger fish I filet.
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #20
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
I'm considering of getting a sawzall. I've noticed they're either a 12V or 18V. In this case of fish fileting, does it matter which voltage to get?
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message