Favorite Rod Broke :( - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #11
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Matt,

Talk with the manager as he has been more than fair with me in the past

He should take care of you.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #12
Mattikins
Mirrolure Semi-Pro Staff

Mattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Matt,

Talk with the manager as he has been more than fair with me in the past

He should take care of you.
Hey, Jim, how's it going? Yeah I am gonna try and make it up their during the week hopefully. Spring breakers are coming down south and here I will be going up north. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by byte-me View Post
Castaways is located off of 290, had one rod break and the other two rods had non stainless guides started to rust out. They replaced the broken rod for free and re did the two other rods with stainless guides, didn't charge me a dime. Their answer we have a lifetime warranty, but if you want titanium spring guides its an up charge.

Also brought back a broken American Rods Smith rod and they gave me 20% of a new purchase. I guess because they took over their building and just trying to do people right.

Hope this helps.... Good luck...!
Glad to hear you had a good experience with their customer service. Hopefully I can make it sometime during the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbs4010 View Post
I buy the Academy brands for around $20, never had a break except when the truck door got it. Academy replaced it , no questions. Largest Red so far 36".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brother had one of the $60 H2O rods and it was pretty good for the money. Ugly Stiks get the job done but once you have a light sensitive rod for throwing lures you get spoiled. Nice red!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mattikins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 05:13 PM   #13
monkeyman1
Winter Hater

monkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Piratemonkeyman1 has been promoted to Pirate
No more Castaways for me, for that reason. Not one but two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #14
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
At your age, you and your brother should be fishing the padre beaches for weekend and nightly trophies. Just remember to "CPR" after spring break and to check the legal limit.
Check the solanuar tables for for the best times to try esp at night . . Jim

Check for name rod guys name he used to post here if someone can remember his handle.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #15
Salty_UH
Registered Users-pm+

Salty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSalty_UH has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
i stopped going mass produced rods a few years back after the original crocker smoker was off the market simply due to quality!!!!

If you are open to spending the money as you posted i would suggest BillyStix out of Florida. You will get a high quality, custom rod that fits your style and quality hands down better than mass produced rods will give you

search on 2cool for him he has many post....my rod is the University of Houston rod he made last year...fantastic quality and very happy with the rod
Salty_UH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #16
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Castaway is a great company, give them a shout. That was one of the rods I looked at before I got my current rods, sweet little rod.

I broke my rod this weekend.. was trying to boga a 26 inch trout and put too much pressure on it in the wrong direction; too vertical loading it with a 6.25 lb trout.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #17
Mattikins
Mirrolure Semi-Pro Staff

Mattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to PirateMattikins has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty_UH View Post
i stopped going mass produced rods a few years back after the original crocker smoker was off the market simply due to quality!!!!

If you are open to spending the money as you posted i would suggest BillyStix out of Florida. You will get a high quality, custom rod that fits your style and quality hands down better than mass produced rods will give you

search on 2cool for him he has many post....my rod is the University of Houston rod he made last year...fantastic quality and very happy with the rod
Thanks for the suggestion, if I was gonna go the custom route I would probably get a Sarge or a Laguna Custom I have held those and they felt absolutely fantastic. I own a Laguna Liquid ML 6'6" and it is great all around rod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Castaway is a great company, give them a shout. That was one of the rods I looked at before I got my current rods, sweet little rod.

I broke my rod this weekend.. was trying to boga a 26 inch trout and put too much pressure on it in the wrong direction; too vertical loading it with a 6.25 lb trout.
I gave them a ring and a very nice lady on the phone suggested that I should just go in person to see what they could do for me. This way I avoid having to pay shipping for the broken rod and the $25 return shipping. So will try and make it later on this week and will let everyone know how it goes. Maybe check out Carter's Country and Bass Pro while we are at that neck of the woods.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #18
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post

And this is why I'll stick to my trusty net. Tough break brotha! Hope you get it warrantied. Was it a Lew's?
Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #19
Mattikins
Mirrolure Semi-Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Red View Post
And this is why I'll stick to my trusty net. Tough break brotha! Hope you get it warrantied. Was it a Lew's?
Yeah if I catch a fish I am going to keep or want pictures with I will get the net. Now if whatever I am throwing has treble hooks I'll usually reach for the Boga. Getting treble hooks in a net can be a pain. I wouldn't be as upset if my rod broke with a nice trout on the end of it though.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #20
lindyb
Registered Users-pm+

lindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Pirate
My husband had a Castaways snap. They wouldn't make it good I had one snap when I was reeling in a big one that I never saw. So I was really upset that I not only lost a big fish but brojke my Castaways rod, too. I sent them an email explaining what happened and they basically said I was out of luck. Needless to say, I was ******. So, one Sunday afternoon, I took the broken rod and put it on their doorstep when they were located in Montgomery with a note that said I was extremely unhappy and I will not hesitate to let everyone know it because the rod was fairly new--a Christmas gift from my sister. About three or four days later I got an email from them telling me to come by and pick up my replacement rod. So DH and I went back to Montgomery to pick up my new rod. Turns out we went crazy in their showroom and ended up leaving there with not only the replacement but with five other rods. After all,, they were deeply discounted because of various reasons, like discontinued or sample rods, etc. Anyway, they certainly profited on us just by giving me a new rod. I made sure I thanked them on 2Cool and haven't had any of my Castaways rods break since. I hope they stay that way.
lindyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message