Anyone pouring soft plastics? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
psalty
Surf-fishin Grandpa

psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Bluefish Anyone pouring soft plastics?

I have been open pouring and injecting recycled soft plastics as and for a ministry for several years and wondering if there are others folks out there making their own soft plastics.
I posted this on the hobby forum and not really sure where you folks might have interests in lure making. Any interest or advice is appreciated.
I've be gone from 2Cool for along time and glad to be back now with a new handle (used to be psalty) 2004-2008
psalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 05:05 AM   #2
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
It's a fun hobby, but probably more dangerous than the industry let's on to be. Make sure you use gloves when using liquid plastisol and if you are melting any make sure you have a very very good ventilation system. Using a respirator mask alone is not enough. There is good information on the risk of it on TackleUnderground.com.
Sorry to be a buzz kill but safety first. I think Marker 54, ChickenBoy and I might be the only ones doing it on a bigger scale and I'm not sure if either of us are doing much more hand injection. Except to prototype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
psalty
Surf-fishin Grandpa

psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thank you Troutsupport. I agree with the precautions and as in many hobby's there are dangers to utilize caution and practice safety.
I also respect and appreciate those that are in commercial production. As a hobbyist I am actually looking for folks on 2Cool that do enjoy making their own (DIY) and for a forum where those discussions may be. I enjoy seeing the designs and how they are enjoying pouring your own. I have seen this on other web-site fishing forums and again just looking out there for folks that may share in this interest as hobby and not for commercial production.
I do have a few personal friends in the commercial side and when available I can acquire their over runs, scraps and seconds for using in recycling to pass along a product with a Scripture verse ( no cost-no profit) as a no pressure ministry.
If there are folks on 2Cool that do share in DIY soft plastics, please let me know and I thank you.
psalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #4
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Look at the site ts rec. great place for every thing soft and hard bait related.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Dusty at Hogies
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message