Gander Mountain closing - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #11
etexsaltycat
Registered Users-pm+

etexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirateetexsaltycat has been promoted to Pirate
The closest one to me is in Tyler, and the prices are 20% higher than anywhere else. Parking lot's been empty for 4 years. No clue how they are still open.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
etexsaltycat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #12
Cajuntriton
Registered Users-pm+

Cajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to Pirate
Offer no more, actually less then academy but with bps/cabelas pricing, it was somewhere to go different once in a while but plenty of better options, silver lining guessing they'll have a clearance sale at the closing stores , their boat stuff and amo selection is pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajuntriton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #13
betterlate
Registered Users-pm+

betterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbetterlate has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Not any higher on their prices than Academy, shopped both places for many years. In fact, Gander's gun prices have been superior to Academy for some time.
betterlate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 11:02 PM   #14
grouper150

grouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirategrouper150 has been promoted to Pirate
Im only familiar with the Houston area & Dallas area store locations; seems to me that the store sites were difficult to get to, to the extent that it seemed to have been on purpose
grouper150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 03:42 AM   #15
rynochop2.0
Registered Users-pm+

rynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrynochop2.0 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Was in the one in Beaumont a few months ago around 11 am, and I was literally the only customer in the store.
rynochop2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 AM   #16
GulfCoastSteven
Registered Users-pm+

GulfCoastSteven is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
The only reason I ever went to the store was because they were the only ones I knew that carried Beckman Nets. But once you buy one Beckman you'll never need another. Those nets works and yeah they're around $125 a net but they're so big they easily hold a 40-50lb yella cat and I use them offshore for ling and giant snapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GulfCoastSteven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 AM   #17
Salty_UH
WHOSE HOUSE? COOGS HOUSE!

Salty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to PirateSalty_UH has been promoted to Pirate
can't say i am sorry to see them leave....horrible customer service, fishing gear is nothing academy doesnt offer and hunting gear is about 20% higher than what you can find on amazon

it wouldn't hurt if a few more of these chain stores went belly up and we start supporting the locals more!
Salty_UH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #18
BMTAngler
No Mo'!

BMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to PirateBMTAngler has been promoted to Pirate
think i heard 32 Texas locations are closing.....Beaumont store always seems empty and only reason i go in is to waste time. Prices are high, products they carry arent really relative to the area either.
BMTAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #19
Trouthunter
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
The one in Sugar Land started out okay, my son actually won that 250# Corn feeder they drew for, but it went down hill fast.

They had a great archer department but lost the best pro they could have had and then got some kids in there who didn't have a clue.

Gun department prices were stupid high, saltwater fishing gear was inferior to most places.

Can't say that I'll miss them one bit.

TH
Old 03-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #20
Porky
Registered Users-pm+

Porky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to PiratePorky has been promoted to Pirate
Went to the I45 store with intent to buy a small 380 pistol, Of course it was summertime and I was wearing shorts & pocket tee. The pistol counter was busy and the salesmen says he will be with me in a minute. A yuppee walks up to the counter in slacks & Izod shirt and guess who got pushed to the end of the line.
Bought my pistol elsewhere and have never been back since !
I remember when they were mail order and they had great selection of decoys and dog training supplies.
Another case of Suits flying a company into the ground .
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message