Gander Mountain closing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
mbeard
stumpjumper

mbeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Pirate
Gander Mountain closing

Gander Mountain closing stores in Houston

http://www.chron.com/business/articl...s-10993373.php

Last edited by mbeard; 03-11-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: correction
mbeard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
LarryG
Registered Users-pm+

LarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to PirateLarryG has been promoted to Pirate
Interesting. Nice store but high on prices.
LarryG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
psalty
Surf-fishin Grandpa

psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)psalty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Wondering if the new Dick's stores had much to do with the decision. They are a great store with product selections but I agree with their high prices.
psalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
RedFlounderBass
Bayou Burner

RedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to Pirate
I guess I'm gonna have to find another place to buy ice fishing poles and walleye spinner rigs...
RedFlounderBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

TexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to Pirate
Other than their prices that was their problem. So much of their inventory wasn't relevant to the area. They did have a decent ammo selection though, only place I could find 300 grain federals for my .338 Lapua. But for $154 a box I went to Bass Pro and bought some reloading dies. That and I could always find 28 gauge ammo there.
TexasRenegade is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 06:40 AM   #6
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
Sorry I have to disagree about Gander Mountain. I have had the RUDEST people working at the now soon to close store on 290! From the cashier to the manager they are all ignorant to the facts! I have told them this to their faces that they will go bankrupt if they do not change their ways.
This store even has their employee of the month parking spot CLOSER to the doors than the handicap parking spots! What a bunch of morons to give a healthy teenager a closer spot to park than a crippled old man?! Very disappointing.
One morning it was about 9:04 in the morning and there were 5 people waiting at the door to get in when open. When the manager finally came to the door to unlock it we all came in and I mentioned that he should try to open on time. And he tried to ARGUE with me that HIS watch said the right time and that I was in the wrong! There were five of us outside with the same time on our watches and we even talked about it before he opened. I told him that he should think about changing his attitude toward customers or they were not going to last there. Oh well. Didn't listen did they.
I also had a run in with a cashier just this last week. I felt his rudeness was attributed to racism! I let him know how I felt about his racist actions and the manager didn't like it and told me I was not welcome there anymore. He did this in front of other customers and tried to draw them into the conversation and have them try to BEAT ME UP! This guy was a loose cannon. Making 80k a year does not give a manager the right to berate a customer no matter especially if their employees are idiots!
Long story short I wrote to his supervisor and am threatening legal action. Told them I was NEVER coming back to their store (as if it matters now LOL) and told them I was boycotting ALL Gander Mountains and would let EVERYONE know of their awful customer service! I am spreading the word in all my Veteran connections as well. I belong to so many veterans groups that they will take action for sure.
Expect Gander Mountain to be completely out of business in 10 years. Mark my words!

Last edited by bonkers; 03-12-2017 at 07:00 AM.
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 06:59 AM   #7
Trout green
Registered Users-pm+

Trout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to PirateTrout green has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
Sorry I have to disagree about Gander Mountain. I have had the RUDEST people working at the now soon to close store on 290! From the cashier to the manager they are all ignorant to the facts! I have told them this to their faces that they will go bankrupt if they do not change their ways.
This store even has their employee of the month parking spot CLOSER to the doors than the handicap parking spots! What a bunch of morons to give a healthy teenager a closer spot to park than a crippled old man?! Very disappointing.
One morning it was about 9:04 in the morning and there were 5 people waiting at the door to get in when open. When the manager finally came to the door to unlock it we all came in and I mentioned that he should try to open on time. And he tried to ARGUE with me that HIS watch said the right time and that I was in the wrong! There were five of us outside with the same time on our watches and we even talked about it before he opened. I told him that he should think about changing his attitude toward customers or they were not going to last there. Oh well. Didn't listen did they.
I also had a run in with a cashier just this last week. I felt his rudeness was attributed to racism! I let him know how I felt about his racist actions and the manager didn't like it and told me I was not welcome there anymore. He did this in front of other customers and tried to draw them into the conversation and have them try to BEAT ME UP! This guy was a loose cannon. Making 80k a year does not give a manager the right to berate a customer no matter especially if their employees are idiots!
Long story short I wrote to his supervisor and am threatening legal action. Told them I was NEVER coming back to their store (as if it matters now LOL) and told them I was boycotting ALL Gander Mountains and would let EVERYONE know of their awful customer service! I am spreading the word in all my Veteran connections as well. I belong to so many veterans groups that they will take action for sure.
Expect Gander Mountain to be completely out of business in 10 years. Mark my words!
WOW... sounds like you were their only customer, since they are now BK.
Trout green is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #8
oscar@CBF
Registered Users-pm+

oscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirate
I agree with Bonkers! I shop at the Sugarland store.
oscar@CBF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #9
tbone2374
INFIDEL <;((((><

tbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Pirate
Too much competition, with Cabelas, Dicks, Academy, and BPS stores.
tbone2374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #10
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Baad marine
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message