Saltwater Legends - Doug Bird - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #11
ddakota
Registered Users-pm+

ddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirate
Had the pleasure of spending a few wkds with him and Jay Watkins together a long time ago.......yea, we had fun..... Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ddakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #12
ClarkBird
Registered Users-pm+

ClarkBird is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Doubt this will play without going to Facebook, but here's a cool video with some familiar and not-so-familiar faces congratulating my Dad.

http://www.facebook.com/SWLegendser...2109631694818/
ClarkBird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #13
sharkbait-tx70
Registered Users-pm+

sharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Piratesharkbait-tx70 has been promoted to Pirate
Congrats

Clark, please tell your dad i said congrats. It has been a long time sense I have seen either one of you. Just to give you a heads up of who this is , its Monty. The blonde kid of long ago that used to run around with Rett and work at BG's marina. I remember us all fishing with your dad and Clyde the super guide... Hope all is well.
sharkbait-tx70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #14
ClarkBird
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait-tx70 View Post
Clark, please tell your dad i said congrats. It has been a long time sense I have seen either one of you. Just to give you a heads up of who this is , its Monty. The blonde kid of long ago that used to run around with Rett and work at BG's marina. I remember us all fishing with your dad and Clyde the super guide... Hope all is well.
Monty - I remember you. Thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to tell Dad.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #15
7mag
Registered Users-pm+

7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)7mag is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Fishing trip

Clark, I know he won't remember me but about 30+ years ago my dad and I went fishing with your dad. My own dad loved fishing the coast and we went on our first ever guided fishing trip. It was a big deal for a couple of poor country guys. We caught more fish than we wanted. About a year later we decided to splurge again and your dad had become "very popular" and was booked up so we had to use a underling guide named Ron Behnke! I remember it well because it's the first time I had seen a big guy take a dump off the back of his boat and not make a mess! LOL
7mag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #16
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
A true Texas Legend! Well done. Well Deserved. You should be proud. Now go out and honor him and join him in the Hall of Fame. Are there any father/son Hall of Famer's yet?
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 07:51 AM   #17
ClarkBird
Registered Users-pm+

7mag - thanks for the memory. Glad you got to fish with him at least once.

Bonkers - that would be quite an accomplishment but I assure you, I'm no fisherman.

Find him on Facebook and drop a message. He reads them all.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:59 AM   #18
Trouthunter
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Man I remember fishing with your Dad in that rough riding wet Bay Hawk boat he had lol. The ride of the boat was quickly forgotten when we got into the trout though.

I remember on my first cast I caught a 19" trout and I said "here's a good one". Doug said, "We cull fish like that." So I released the trout. Doug was like, "What the heck did you just do????" I said, "well you said you cull fish like that" Doug said, "don't do that again!"

Good times, we were all a lot younger then.

I can't make the induction but he's most deserving of it and please offer my congratulations to him and thank him for the memories and for showing us where to fish in Baffin Bay.

TH
Old 03-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #19
ClarkBird
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouthunter View Post
Man I remember fishing with your Dad in that rough riding wet Bay Hawk boat he had lol. The ride of the boat was quickly forgotten when we got into the trout though.

TH
I hated those boats, personally. Warmed-over Ski Barge...

It's amazing to me to see how the boats used along the coast have evolved over the years. He started in a 20ft Mako. Then Hydra Sports, the Bay Hawks, then scooters (Shallow Sport) and finally wound up with Lake & Bay and never looked back.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #20
Trophytrout_47
Registered Users-pm+

Trophytrout_47 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Lake and Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkBird View Post
I hated those boats, personally. Warmed-over Ski Barge...

It's amazing to me to see how the boats used along the coast have evolved over the years. He started in a 20ft Mako. Then Hydra Sports, the Bay Hawks, then scooters (Shallow Sport) and finally wound up with Lake & Bay and never looked back.
I had an awesome trip with your Dad in his Lake and Bay running all over Baffin with out a GPS. He would use his mauler kit over the rocks and tell us stories, I felt privileged to have fished with him!!!
Trophytrout_47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message