LLM smoke session 3-5-17 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
DCAVA
Car Man

DCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to Pirate
LLM smoke session 3-5-17

Took the wifey and a cousin of hers on an afternoon session yesterday afternoon. Launched my boat @ 2:30 side by side with a good friend and his wife in their rig for a head to head soft plastic competition.

Really high tide and a light drizzle as we followed each other south of the mouth to a shallow back bay. We drifted prolly 200 yards from each other, I landed a keeper, the wife lost a nice trout right at the bote, and 1 more keeper trout in da yeti to start off the day. My bud got flustered as they landed no keepers and shot further south.

I decided to shoot north, as I haven't fished that way in a while. The wind and chop shot up so we found shelter in 1 ft of water in a back bay toward Mansfield.

We drifted tight to the land mass in 1 ft or less of churned up water throwing black/silver DSL then booom, the wife hooks up on a red, after a short fight and pics, she threw the lure again and boom again she hooks up, another red back to back!! We did one more drift there and she landed a nice 20" trout!!

She had the luck and smoked me!!!

We had fun and some nice fillets to boot, my buddy in his SS came home skunked...Lol

Another awesome day on our great fishery.... the LLM!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DCAVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
mccain
Registered Users-pm+

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
nice!
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
artys only
Registered Users-pm+

artys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirateartys only has been promoted to Pirate
Nice trip !
artys only is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
OlRob65
Registered Users-pm+

OlRob65 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Cool. Thanks for sharing.
OlRob65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #5
RockportRobert
Registered Users-pm+

RockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to PirateRockportRobert has been promoted to Pirate
Good report! Have the snook started moving shallow yet?
RockportRobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
DCAVA
Car Man

DCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to Pirate
LLM smoke session 3-5-17

Thanks guys!

RR, we don't see much snook action out of the Arroyo Colorado area, but those sneaky suckers are definitely around near pilings and structures in the lagoon: higher concentration of snook are usually in South Bay areas, and I'm sure they're on the prowl in the shallows already...

Old 03-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #7
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Good report. So did your buddy and his wife fry some fish
with y'all?
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
DCAVA
Car Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA REEL DADDY View Post
Good report. So did your buddy and his wife fry some fish

with y'all?

No they didn't Hector, they live in a neighboring town, Brownsville. They got out of the water bout an hour before we did, but I half shelled the reds for the pit this weekend with em'.