Kayak - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-03-2017, 12:46 AM   #21
fishingjordan
Registered Users-pm+

fishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Piratefishingjordan has been promoted to Pirate
I recommend the ocean kayak prowler. 13 and a half feet. Tracks fast and straight and is semi stable. I only stand if it's dead calm in thr marsh or if u paddle up into some marsh grass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
fishingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 AM   #22
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Pelicans suck. Look at the perceptain 12 at Academt 550 and on sale for 450 some time.

It is the Orig tarpon 120 or 12 ft good all around kayak.

go to TKF and see the article I did 10 years ago on hw to pick the right kayak.
All depends on you and what you want to do with a kayak.

12 is a min length but do not get the 800$ at academy. Costs more and sits up too high above the water and will be a problem in high winds.

I own 4 and use the 12 footer most of the time for long trips i use my 160 tarpon for long trips.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #23
Raf73698324
Registered Users-pm+

Raf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Pelicans suck. Look at the perceptain 12 at Academt 550 and on sale for 450 some time.

It is the Orig tarpon 120 or 12 ft good all around kayak.

go to TKF and see the article I did 10 years ago on hw to pick the right kayak.
All depends on you and what you want to do with a kayak.

12 is a min length but do not get the 800$ at academy. Costs more and sits up too high above the water and will be a problem in high winds.

I own 4 and use the 12 footer most of the time for long trips i use my 160 tarpon for long trips.

Thanks! I will look for the article!
Raf73698324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #24
Moondog94
Just add water

Moondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to PirateMoondog94 has been promoted to Pirate
in the $500 dollar range I would try to find some used Wilderness Systems (Tarpon or Ride). The tarpon 12 foot and 14 foot are very popular as is the Ride 135. I currently have a ride 135 and 3 tarpons, but the ride is my personal favorite, very stable and relatively fast. A rule of thumb is 12-14 foot is perfect for bayfishing, anything shorter or longer might make your fishing day not as enjoyable. As many other have said look on craigslist and the classifieds here on 2cool.

Just my 2 cents,

-Moondog
Moondog94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #25
Raf73698324
Registered Users-pm+

Raf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRaf73698324 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog94 View Post
in the $500 dollar range I would try to find some used Wilderness Systems (Tarpon or Ride). The tarpon 12 foot and 14 foot are very popular as is the Ride 135. I currently have a ride 135 and 3 tarpons, but the ride is my personal favorite, very stable and relatively fast. A rule of thumb is 12-14 foot is perfect for bayfishing, anything shorter or longer might make your fishing day not as enjoyable. As many other have said look on craigslist and the classifieds here on 2cool.

Just my 2 cents,

-Moondog
Thank you!
Raf73698324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #26
KEN KERLEY
Registered Users-pm+

KEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to PirateKEN KERLEY has been promoted to Pirate
Have a 10' Pelican I got at Academy on sale several years ago. I got it mainly for Luce Bayou where I wouldn't be fighting choppy water or much wind. I added a depth finder and it's done a good job for me. Have taken it along the north shore of Trinity Bay to the spillway. I'm a little old and a few miles against the wind was a little hard for this senior citizen. If I was younger and was able to fish more, I'd spend a little more money and get one a little longer but this little 10 footer works ok for what I can do.
KEN KERLEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #27
Rockclimber
Registered Users-pm+

Rockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRockclimber has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
You should define what you'll do with this kayak (lots of paddling to get to spot, in the marsh, open water, etc) that will point you to certain brands over others. I would highly recommend you paddle the boats you are interested in before you buy, lots of models are available for rent and that is a good way to try before you buy. And there are lots of used boats available on Texas Kayak Fisherman and other sites. I would also think ahead about how you will transport it (car top, back of a truck, etc) as this will make a difference in the length and weight of the boat you want to go with as well.
Rockclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2017, 02:08 PM   #28
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Pelicans suck.
LOL!
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2017, 07:55 AM   #29
ATX 4x4
Romans 2:13

ATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to Pirate
Used 12' perception pescador with paddle and accessories for $500 or less. With these deals, you can always sell later for exactly what you paid. No pelican.
ATX 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #30
Mrschasintail
Registered Users-pm+

Mrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX 4x4 View Post
Used 12' perception pescador with paddle and accessories for $500 or less. With these deals, you can always sell later for exactly what you paid. No pelican.
Do you know of one?
Mrschasintail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message