Green Rod Warranty - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #21
EJ@TSFMag
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
I really don't get it, these rod breakage/rod warranty threads, so many people reporting poor performance, and not only FTU Green but plenty other well-respected brands as well.

I'm 64 and been fishing since I could walk. I fish hard and do not baby my tackle, although I am also careful not to abuse it. I fish lots of days in lots of places that requires transporting my tackle via automobile, airlines, and of course, in boats. I ran a fishing charter business for eleven years and hauled average three clients on 100- to 120-charters per year.

In my entire career I can only recall breaking three or four rods in what I would call normal fishing activity. My charter clients might have broken a similar number. So I simply have to ask...what the heck are you guys doing to your rods?
EJ@TSFMag is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #22
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by glojim View Post
Heck, just get a H&H rod. If rod gets broken, you'll pay a $45 replacement fee.
That is what I was told when I bought mine but it is not what happened when I went to exchange a broken rod. Good luck with that.
Salty Dog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #23
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ@TSFMag View Post
I really don't get it, these rod breakage/rod warranty threads, so many people reporting poor performance, and not only FTU Green but plenty other well-respected brands as well.

I'm 64 and been fishing since I could walk. I fish hard and do not baby my tackle, although I am also careful not to abuse it. I fish lots of days in lots of places that requires transporting my tackle via automobile, airlines, and of course, in boats. I ran a fishing charter business for eleven years and hauled average three clients on 100- to 120-charters per year.

In my entire career I can only recall breaking three or four rods in what I would call normal fishing activity. My charter clients might have broken a similar number. So I simply have to ask...what the heck are you guys doing to your rods?

I haven't broken very many. At least not without something happening to it that is outside of it's normal use. But it happens. I have had 2 or 3 brand new rods break that just flat out had something wrong with them. I've broken a few others that were not a manufacturing or component issue.

I think the issue comes from overpromising on rod warranties and then not being willing to deliver. Don't promise something unrealistic or unsustainable and then go back on the super incredible warranty you used to sell the rod when the customer brings a broken rod in.
Salty Dog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
Bay Walker
Registered Users-pm+

Bay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to PirateBay Walker has been promoted to Pirate
When FTU had the lifetime warranty it was taken advantage of by people that would go buy a rod and then decide they didn't like the action so they would break it and take it back for a different action. Don't think it didn't happen because some of the people on this site would come in here and brag about it. That's why companies have a hard time with warranties when you have what I will call low life's trying to take advantage of something. I used green rods and had one break while fighting a fish and they replaced it no problem.
Bay Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #25
jaime1982
something goes here

jaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Piratejaime1982 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Freak View Post
Ummm...y'all ever heard of Laguna Rods?!?
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
Don't buy FTU rods! Have had 2 of them both broke near the tip and FTU would not warranty the rod without me paying a fee near $100. From what I heard they are made overseas in bulk and FTU makes a killing in profit off them.
Yep, green rods are junk and they're heavy.
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #26
RogerTherk
Registered Users-pm+

RogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to PirateRogerTherk has been promoted to Pirate
I bought mine before the "Specialty Rod Craze" at least ten years ago, maybe more.
First one the tip was broken, something I did I'm sure and they replaced it, no questions asked.
2nd time I had my wife with me and I tried to cast into the wind around her and hooked the top of backrest and the rod snapped halfway down the shaft.
Took it in GF store and a lady manager came over with a new rod and gave me a receipt that said this would be the last one for free. Don't know what the receipt was for since I wouldn't use it if I had to go back and replace the rod.
RogerTherk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message