Green Rod Warranty - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #11
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
I would call back and talk with the manager of that location. I would guess that he heard nothing about this at all or a version that he got was a little different than your version.

They have been posting that one year warranty now for 3-4 years?

Still there is no reason to be rude except for a last resort and if he was the sales person this should have been referred to the manager or person in charge of that department to make the call.

But if you had it two- three months then that falls into the 1 year warranty esp if you had the bos.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 12:42 PM   #12
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Old thread about the same issue.

http://2coolfishing.net/ttmbforum/sh...d.php?t=228991
Drundel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #13
AndrewJohnston
Registered Users-pm+

AndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
This was at gulf freeway location. I am a pretty loyal FTU customer, and have spent thousands of dollars there over the years. Usually they have great customer service as far as I can tell, but it was a different story this past weekend.
AndrewJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #14
boom!
Registered Users-pm+

boom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirateboom! has been promoted to Pirate
I just missed you. They were still talking about it. lol
boom! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #15
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJohnston View Post
This was at gulf freeway location. I am a pretty loyal FTU customer, and have spent thousands of dollars there over the years. Usually they have great customer service as far as I can tell, but it was a different story this past weekend.
There's always that one bad apple in the basket, unfortunately. Sucks u went thru this.
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #16
smord
Registered Users-pm+

smord is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I purchased my Green Rod at the '12 fishing show at McBride's advice. Three more were then sold to my friends . After 2 years the lure holder ring rusted off. I remove reels and rinse handles/seats after each weekly use. I presented this to a Katy Fwy FTU associate and was told that the warranty only covers the blank....disappointing. Within months, several of the pricey Recoil guide feet have come loose from their wraps ; I repaired myself. I like the rod, however, I would skip the recoil guides as braid tends to foul in them. Been spending my fishing bucks with Donnie @ POC Rod and Gun....great store and personalized service.
smord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #17
Txredfish
Registered Users-pm+

Txredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to Pirate
I had a problem with a rod I purchased with a lifetime warranty. Not real expensive rod which I paid $99. Right after a year, I broke rod and I took the rod back to selling store and expected them to honor the warranty. No, they said to call the rod factory. I called and $30 plus shipping and they will ship me a new rod and I also had to ship broken rod section back to them. Since I only broke 2 inches from tip I just put a new tip on the rod. Can't tell much difference from new. So much for lifetime warranty. Selling dealer said they have no warranty just the factory replacement policy. I guess I would expect if lifetime replacement, factory should have replacement policy with selling dealer. Reimbursement back to dealer for broken rods.
Txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #18
Sponge
Registered Users-pm+

Sponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to PirateSponge has been promoted to Pirate
FTU

Don't buy FTU rods! Have had 2 of them both broke near the tip and FTU would not warranty the rod without me paying a fee near $100. From what I heard they are made overseas in bulk and FTU makes a killing in profit off them.
Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #19
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Heck, just get a H&H rod. If rod gets broken, you'll pay a $45 replacement fee.
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #20
Laguna Freak
two of my favorites

Laguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to PirateLaguna Freak has been promoted to Pirate
Ummm...y'all ever heard of Laguna Rods?!?
Laguna Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message