Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 08:22 AM   #1
Philip
Registered Users-pm+

Philip is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Green Rod Warranty

Over the years, I've seen several Green Rod Warranty questions. I like the green rod myself so I've wondered about it too. Yesterday, while at FTU, I stayed close by while a young man was attempting to replace a green rod. The whole situation was ugly. The FTU staff member claimed there was no replacement warranty, while the boy said when he purchased the rod at Christmas, he was told Green Rods have lifetime replacement warranty. Both of these people were arguing and I would say it was very unprofessional on both sides. Had it been me returning the rod, I would have just walked out after hearing the staff member raising his voice. The boy finally did get his replacement rod, but he had to argue it out with the member of staff. In my opinion, it was not worth it. Bottom line is ,FTU do not have a replacement warranty on their Green Rod.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
joekidd
Registered Users-pm+

joekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerjoekidd has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
rods

wnen i bought my green rods there was a life time warenty on them so they will replace my if i have to yell so be it
joekidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
fishin shallow
Registered Users-pm+

fishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Pirate
When I got mine it had a no questions asked lifetime warranty. But we all know what happened with that.
fishin shallow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 01:26 PM   #4
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
Dang Philip, how did you make it 12 years and this is only your second post? Impressive.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
Flounder Face
southern paralichthys lethostigma

Flounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to Pirate
Quality over Quantity Zeitgeist.
Flounder Face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 07:32 AM   #6
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
I wondered if he asked for the manager during this drama
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Yes their warranty has changed. Back when McBride fronted for them they had the lifetime then it went to a 1 year warranty with sales ticket iirc.

I have several of the gray and green ftu rods.

I took one back several years ago to the main FTU and got the older gentleman and the rod was bought before the new written policy was in place. He was nice and replaced it but I did get a little scolding about bring in a 3-4 year old rod.

He asked me if I felt guilty about bringing in a rod that old and I told him "NO" not at all since they had the "life time" at the time I bought it and had the sales ticket.

Should not have had the life time if they did not plan to honor it. I had several other older ftu rods but never went back to see if the "old" sales ticket was still good.

FTU used to have great sales on both rods at the fishing show but last year the sale was not that good otherwise I would have gotten a couple of more.

I like them and I think they are a good rod and really like them but they are still made overseas in bulk China or ? and not custom made here by locals though the price leans toward custom cost.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #8
AndrewJohnston
Registered Users-pm+

AndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of RiggerAndrewJohnston has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Pretty ridiculous

First of all, that was me you saw in the store. Second of all, i do not regret getting into an argument with this employee named Kerry. FTU promised me a lifetime warranty on my rod when i spent close to $300 on it a few months ago, and im not going to get scammed by their BS they try to pull on all their customers. Glojim, I asked for the manager and it only ****** this dude off. He got up in my face and stared me in the eyes for a solid 10 seconds before walking away. Great customer service! After arguing with this man for a solid 15 minutes he finally handed me my rod and said "take it and leave" Gotta agree with Philip, dont expect FTU to honor their warranty!
AndrewJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #9
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
A rod warranty is only as good as the builder's integrity. It isn't worth the paper it's printed on or the air it takes the salesman to say it.

I had a similar issue with another local builder's "$30 flat replacement fee, over the counter, lifetime warranty". It wasn't any of the above when it came time to use it.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #10
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJohnston View Post
First of all, that was me you saw in the store. Second of all, i do not regret getting into an argument with this employee named Kerry. FTU promised me a lifetime warranty on my rod when i spent close to $300 on it a few months ago, and im not going to get scammed by their BS they try to pull on all their customers. Glojim, I asked for the manager and it only ****** this dude off. He got up in my face and stared me in the eyes for a solid 10 seconds before walking away. Great customer service! After arguing with this man for a solid 15 minutes he finally handed me my rod and said "take it and leave" Gotta agree with Philip, dont expect FTU to honor their warranty!
Which location was this?
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message