Marsh madness 2-22-17 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 02-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
joecostie
Registered Users-pm+

joecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Piratejoecostie has been promoted to Pirate
Marsh madness 2-22-17

I started out the evening by seeing one of the biggest flocks of ducks rafted off in the bay waters, coolest thing I have ever seen there were probably at least 500 plus ducks in one raft. Sorry back to the fishing report. I set out targeting points and drainages in the marsh even though I had an incoming tide I knew the bite would be tuff. I hit the first drain and threw a VUDU shrimp under a popping cork with no results. after moving to the next drain and decided to throw a Saltwater assassin mudbug paddle tail with nothing wanting to bite. Since the drainages didn't seem to be holding any fish I decided to just let the current carry me down the canal and make blind casts. The second cast I felt the thump and went to set the hook, nothing was there so I'm guessing that an alligator gar took it and bit the line in half. Once I had a new jig tied on I put a chicken on a chain threw it out and BAM!!! Fish on and it was a fighter and pulled me about fifty yards down the canal when the hook came flying back at me. I'm thinking that it was a good red and I didn't drive the hook home like I should have. Once I came to the end of the canal I was in, I turned the corner and headed into the current coming out of a different canal. The first cast was a 18" red and slowly but surely the fish began to turn on and it was almost every cast. All catch and release, I didn't have time to clean them all. The final count was 12 trout 2 reds and one flounder. no monsters but they sure are fun to catch.
Attached Images

joecostie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Nice work!
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 05:32 PM   #3
txspeck
Registered Users-pm+

txspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Piratetxspeck has been promoted to Pirate
Yes sir! Reds are a blast! WTG!!!!
txspeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message