All day grind on Baffin - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

TexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to Pirate
All day grind on Baffin

Headed out to Baffin this morning and it ended up being a long grind to land a few fish. Didn't see anybody around me land a fish until around 11. The sun finally started to poke out and seemed to turn the fish on a bit. Had a nice upper slot trout get off the hook right at the boat.

Wind started picking up and I ended up hiding being the tide gauge bar which is above water at a few spots. Waded close to a mile throwing a Controlled Decent paddle tail red/chartreuse. Managed 4 trout and a nice 26" red. After that leg workout I kicked back on the tide gauge bar and enjoyed the day with a few silver bullets. Ended up being a nice day to just relax and enjoy the water.

Got back to the ramp around two and talked to a few guys with the same experience. Tough fishing right now.
Attached Images

TexasRenegade is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
loco4fishn
Registered Users-pm+

loco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 Tftr

Appreciate the report. Just got to my BIL's house here in the bluff from SA. Trying to put a game plan together for tomorrow. Trying to decide between going south to Baffin or staying north. Probably end up in the middle somewhere. Tight lines Sir.
loco4fishn is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #3
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

TexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to PirateTexasRenegade has been promoted to Pirate
Most of Baffin is pretty muddied up, that one patch of clearer water is behind the tide gauge bar. I was catching in knee to waste deep water over grass. Good luck. Been catching big trout all winter out there, just takes some time to get on em.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:33 PM   #4
ShoalTower
Registered Users-pm+

ShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Had the same experience today in East galveston. Felt like we were the only boat on the water. Really slow fishing. Couple small trout then rain hit and had to hit the ramp.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
ShoalTower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #5
Shalor96
Registered Users-pm+

Shalor96 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
When you say muddied up, does it look like brown tide? Or had the wind been blowing hard? I was there a few weeks ago and the water was mysteriously murky even after several days of relatively calm conditions, when I felt like it should've cleared up…still found some excellent fishing. Thanks for the report and any further details about water conditions.
Shalor96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

Just mud, doesn't take much wind to get Baffin stirred up. 18" chop out there yesterday with 15 Kn winds.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
ghbyram
Registered Users-pm+

ghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Riggerghbyram has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Great pic.
ghbyram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #8
My Coast Outdoors

My Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to PirateMy Coast Outdoors has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report! Next time don't let the big trout get away, that could have been a FREE guided trip!
My Coast Outdoors is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
Hillcountryhunter
Registered Users-pm+

Hillcountryhunter is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thank you for the report sir! One question on the tide gauge, I'm new to the area so what is considered normal? bar barely sticking out on a high tide? Totally submerged except for a few spots on a really high tide?
Hillcountryhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #10
TexasRenegade
"On the Run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Coast Outdoors View Post
Thanks for the report! Next time don't let the big trout get away, that could have been a FREE guided trip!
Dang, might just have to go again