unofficially broke the 2 lb line class record for Common Carp - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
SharkBait >*)\\\><(
Not All Who Wander Are Lost..

SharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to PirateSharkBait >*)\\\><( has been promoted to Pirate
unofficially broke the 2 lb line class record for Common Carp

Decided to spool up my ultra lite rods with fresh 2 lb Berkley Xl-smooth casting after watching 1Rod1Reel's video using it, I really just wanted to see what i could land on it.

I grew up fishing the same size rod i use in this video with 4 lb line and caught all sorts of big fish in freshwater and saltwater even. i have actually fished 2 lb line before, im not going to lie though half way through this fight i was wondering what the heck i got myself into.

the current IGFA line class record for common carp is 31 pounds 3 ounces more than likely i just bested that by a few pounds.

location - Town Lake, Austin, Texas
Rod used - Quantum micro lite
Reel- Quantum Optix 10
Line- Berkley XL Smooth catsing 2 lb

SharkBait >*)\\\><( is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
MarkU
I'm the songbird of my generation

MarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to PirateMarkU has been promoted to Pirate
Nice! Great job!
MarkU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
dan_wrider
Welcome Samantha Rose Wrider!

dan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Piratedan_wrider has been promoted to Pirate
Very cool, man. Love how you target fish most disregard and make it very interesting. Thanks for sharing the videos!
dan_wrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
Bruce J
Registered Users-pm+

Bruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to PirateBruce J has been promoted to Pirate
Great fish and great video!
Bruce J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 09:33 PM   #5
oscar@CBF
Registered Users-pm+

oscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirate
Sweet catch!
oscar@CBF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message