Amberjack season set to close - Page 7 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #61
mako98
Registered Users-pm+

mako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Piratemako98 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missin'Link View Post
We were checked at the Galveston jetties on our way in Sunday.
The Coast Guard guys told us they were looking for Red Snapper and wanted to see our fish. All we had were Wahoo, AJs and Blackfin Tuna.
They were very friendly and did a quick safety check. It took maybe 10 minutes and we were on our way again.

I asked if they were going to check for AJs when the season ended and they said that they were. I don't think we are going to risk it.
If they find a violation do they write the citation or notify TPWD? Just curious how that process works.
mako98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #62
Chase This!
break out the 80's and them fancy lures

Chase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to PirateChase This! has been promoted to Pirate
Is lesser AJs open? If so, just target those smaller versions.
Chase This! is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #63
snapper tapper
Registered Users-pm+

snapper tapper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Which Restaurants sell Amberjack?? I've never seen it on a menu... I am so fed up with OUR fisheries management... Just have to not get caught I guess.... FNOAA FNMFS
I have seen at Landry owned restaurantsin Galveston
snapper tapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #64
Kenner21
Registered Users-pm+

Kenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
The Coast Guard guys told us they were looking for Red Snapper and wanted to see our fish. All we had were Wahoo, AJs and Blackfin Tuna.
They were very friendly and did a quick safety check. It took maybe 10 minutes and we were on our way again.

I asked if they were going to check for AJs when the season ended and they said that they were. I don't think we are going to risk it.
If you were checked at the jetties and you weren't over the state snapper limits there's not much they could do. I'm not saying break the law but once you're back in state waters you're good to go as long as you don't have more than four fish per person or any under 15 inches.
Kenner21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #65
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

Texas red snapper season is open, so odd they were specifically looking for red snapper at the jetty, well within State waters. Curious if they tracked yall from FED waters?
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #66
Missin'Link
Registered Users-pm+

Missin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to PirateMissin'Link has been promoted to Pirate
I doubt they tracked us. They were running from boat to boat at the end of the jetties. I guess we will never know, we had been up a long time and didn't ask many questions.

We did catch several snapper fishing for AJs. We got tired of catching snapper just to have to throw them back and gave up on AJs in the middle of the night. The AJs we did catch were caught while trolling. That is a blast!
Missin'Link is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #67
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Texas red snapper season is open, so odd they were specifically looking for red snapper at the jetty, well within State waters. Curious if they tracked yall from FED waters?
That's why you have to do the 8.888 mile safety stop for 20 minutes.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 AM   #68
Tiny
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER

Tiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to PirateTiny has been promoted to Pirate
If they were running from boat to boat at the end of the jetties... looking for red snapper.. they couldn't prove where you caught them.... (Snaps) If they stopped you at 10 or 15 Miles (From the Beach) then they could bust your bubble.... I guess I didn't get checked because I saw them pulling every body over from the TCD boat ramp.. I just cruised on over there, showed them our life jackets and told them I didn't feel like being chased down... they laughed, said thanks and haulled it after the next boat...lol
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #69
Gap
Registered Users-pm+

Gap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to Pirate
Just nuts. Boat hasn't even been damp in 5 months. I bet I haven't boxed an AJ in 4 years as the season has been closed when I've bottom fished. I don't enjoy eating them anyway, but many of my crew does. Just a shame these fisheries are being so ridiculously managed.
Gap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #70
RyanC02
Registered Users-pm+

RyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRyanC02 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Just my luck. I have a trip scheduled on Saturday.
RyanC02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message