Score! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

sleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Pirate
Score!

Feel like I scored on this deal. Picked up a new safe today at auction. It is high security and heavy. I will get some pictures of the inside and All when I can get it opened. I have the combo but it is a little different to get it open.
2 hours at 1800*
For reference of weight, my truck is a 1 ton!
sleepersilverado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
muney pit
Registered Users-pm+

muney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Piratemuney pit has been promoted to Pirate
Thats a real safe. Is it a TL 30? Nice score for sure. Congrats
muney pit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

sleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Piratesleepersilverado has been promoted to Pirate
Best I can tell is it is a TL 30 model 5224 which spears to not be made any more.
Exterior dims are 59" tall, 31" wide, 30" deep and weighs 3,223 lbs.

Best part is $700 and has combo and keys.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
tec
Registered Users-pm+

tec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like a good deal "AFTER" you get it open.
tec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #5
texastkikker
Registered Users-pm+

texastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Piratetexastkikker has been promoted to Pirate
sweet!!!!
texastkikker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
TranTheMan
Registered Users-pm+

TranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to PirateTranTheMan has been promoted to Pirate
So, where are the pics? Al Capone inside?
TranTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #7
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

Score!

Welllll so it's a long story. I finally found a YouTube video that showed how to use the dial lock and have had no luck. After calling around the US I got ahold of a dealer. He told me on this safe you have to use the key and dial both to get in the safe. No luck.

Through all my research I have learned that in the jewelry industry to get insurance you have to have a certain grade safe. The grade of safe depends on the amount of coverage. And apparently this is one of the more secure safes.

They have already agreed to give me a refund but I would rather have it opened.

So I have talked to the auction house a few times and apparently the dealer that brought it in on consignment never locked it or tried the combo, the auction house did not test the combo either and well I unintentionally locked the **** thing.

I am going to try and take it back over there because one of the guys is "sure" he can figure out the combo.

If that don't pan out I am going to see if they are willing to deal. I don't want it for nothing but I don't want to foot the bill to get it open by my self.

I found a locksmith who said he could get it open as long as the relocks have not been activated. He could still get it open but obviously a lot more work and at that point I think I would put my hard headed stubborness aside and throw in the towel.

I kicked my own *** for days because I thought I only partly latched the door for transit and a lock smith said he could do anything if it was open.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #8
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

Well it is going to be a beer lunch kind of day.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like you were able to get it open.

How the heck do you move a 3,200 pound safe into your place?
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2017, 09:40 PM   #10
sleepersilverado
Registered Users-pm+

I was going to bring it home on a tilt trailer with a fork lift then let a safe mover move it the 15' in the house.