Specks in surf already?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
tealslayer
Registered Users-pm+

tealslayer is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Specks in surf already??

Spoke to a guy that fished long rods out of
Surfside this weekend with some live bait hoping for reds
or drum and said he caught 4 good sized keeper trout.

Is this normal now or is this early because of the warm winter??

I usually don't start until May for trout in the surf but maybe a little earlier this year..
tealslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
beerdruid
Registered Users-pm+

beerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Pirate
With all these crazy weather patterns nothing would surprise me at this point. With that being said I've never seen specs in the surf in March. Crazy I tell you! Silly even..
beerdruid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Shhhhh
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
beerdruid
Registered Users-pm+

beerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Shhhhh
beerdruid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
The water is cold and the bites are usually not as many, but,...good size are the key words.
shadslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
SolarScreenGuy

SolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to Pirate
I had one of my best surf spec fishing trips in March long time ago, late 80's or early 90's. Mild winter, water temp above 70, and loads of big trout on topwaters. It does happen occasionally.
www.solarscreenguys.com
SolarScreenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #7
HoustonKid
All my friends say.....

HoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to PirateHoustonKid has been promoted to Pirate
Could be out there. Surf temp on one site reports 72 degrees today. That's pretty warm for March.
HoustonKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 10:20 PM   #8
gigem87
Well raise my rent, you are the kid!

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
I'll be out there soon enough. Can't wait!!!
gigem87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM   #9
jpayne
Registered Users-pm+

jpayne is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Trout are in the surf more than we realize. I was fishing with one of my old school buddies recently and we were sharing some fish stories. He said in the coldest months of the year he heads down south and catches 28"+ trout. He thinks it has something to do with the warm water from Mexico.
jpayne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #10
dbarham
manvel mob

dbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Piratedbarham has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem87 View Post
I'll be out there soon enough. Can't wait!!!
Me too
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message