Blown Bearing Seal in the middle of nowhere - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
Rolltide
Rolltide

Rolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to PirateRolltide has been promoted to Pirate
Blown Bearing Seal in the middle of nowhere

I was coming home from E Matty Saturday night. I was just outside of Sargent in the middle of nowhere when I heard that sickening squealing sound coming through my sliding glass rear window. I pulled over at the nearest gas station. Grabbed my temperature gun and realized from the smoke and the smell I didn't need it. My front right side wheel bearing was gone. So hot the rim was smoking. After a few minutes of what the heck am I gonna do I called my friend Johnny at Johnny's Trailer Repair in Kemah, TX. He talked me through how to block a tandem axle trailer with equalizers. This way you can take off the wheel and get her home on three wheels. Saves you from being stranded especially if you are in the middle of nowhere. Johnny was such a big help and one heck of a nice guy. He has worked on my trailer for years and does quality work at a fair price. He will also put you through trailer school and always returns you calls when you have a situation or just have a question. He will even come to you if you are in serious trouble. Turns out I am going to need a new axle since I didn't catch the bad bearing in time. Johnny's Trailer Service 281 381 4313 or Johnnystrailerrepair.com
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
Ditto2
Registered Users-pm+

Ditto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to Pirate
I carry a short piece of chain and hardened bolts to chain my axle up once I take off the wheel. I've had to do this twice in the last three years. Driving home 150 miles on three wheels is not fun.
Ditto2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
My spare tire mount has a spare spindle, spare swing arm, spare hub, and spare tire. Any challenge at all on side of road and the whole end comes off into the trash and a whole new end for that trailer axle.
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
texasislandboy
Snook Guide SPI

texasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Pirate
Same here I keep a hub and bearing combo with me on long hauls. I'll pull the hub before I take a tire off.
texasislandboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
TroutOut
Registered Users-pm+

TroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to Pirate
Walkingsm

X10 for Johnny. He is a good guy and has saved my bacon before.
TroutOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message