Trip to Cedar Bayou yesterday - Page 91 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #901
JoshJ
Registered Users-pm+

JoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTY FIRST View Post
Thank you for the well stated, informed, correct analysis of the issue. The situation is proceeding exactly as predicted by Coast and Harbor Engineering, the company that designed the project.

Of course there are still some naysayers (mostly who never fish the coastal bend) who are still hoping it will fail. The reopening of the pass has greatly improved the fishery all the way south to Port Aransas, not just in the immediate area of CB & VS.

It will only get better in the future as the 25 thousand acres of aquatic nursery wetlands in Vinson Slough and vicinity continue to recover from the damage done by a certain "Texas Conservation Legend" and his cohorts who caused the pass and slough to be closed for their own personal interests.

Thanks to all who helped the project proceed.

That "Texas Conservation Legend" donated 1M of the 1.5M that is in the maintenance fund to keep the pass open.
JoshJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #902
Trouthunter
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Question: Not a complaint about CD and VS. Do y'all think there is an effect on the silting in of South Pass and Contee since Cedar Bayou has been opened....again not complaining.
I wouldn't think so.

TH
Old 03-27-2017, 04:22 PM   #903
DUTY FIRST
Registered Users-pm+

DUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ View Post
That "Texas Conservation Legend" donated 1M of the 1.5M that is in the maintenance fund to keep the pass open.
That's a neat trick since he was then long since dead.
DUTY FIRST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #904
Favre4
Registered Users-pm+

Favre4 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Without the construction of jetties I think it's just gonna keep being a wasted project.. it's just goin to keep silting in... JMO....
Favre4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #905
Fish4Life
Registered Users-pm+

Fish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish4Life has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4 View Post
Without the construction of jetties I think it's just gonna keep being a wasted project.. it's just goin to keep silting in... JMO....
Well guess what mr. negative "just my opinion"....it's still flowing. How about that!!
Fish4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #906
JoshJ
Registered Users-pm+

JoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
That's a neat trick since he was then long since dead.

I stand partially corrected. I read your original post as the current family members, not their father.

I assumed that you were talking about the current generation since all the finger pointing was at them during the permitting process before construction.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #907
DUTY FIRST
Registered Users-pm+

DUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Oh, REALLY ? Is that based on your expert interpretation of the engineering report, or are you shooting from the hip (lip) ?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John F. Kennedy
Old 03-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #908
Erich1717
Registered Users-pm+

Erich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerErich1717 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Headed South Explained perfectly why Jetties would not work. Plus the cost of doing Jetties is not possible. Would be into the hundreds of millions to jettie it just to have it not be able to move like Nature wants it too.
Erich1717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #909
DUTY FIRST
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ View Post
I stand partially corrected. I read your original post as the current family members, not their father.

I assumed that you were talking about the current generation since all the finger pointing was at them during the permitting process before construction.
The current generation had a change of heart after it became apparent that the project was going to proceed regardless the objections or interference of them or others. After RFA (Recreational Fishing Alliance) and FTCP (Friends of Texas Coastal Passes) withdrew their lawsuit (without prejudice) in the interest of promoting unity, the opposition began falling in line.

None of the opposition wanted the lawsuit reinstated after it became further apparent that they would lose, and probably be forced to pay for the entire project. In addition, some of the newer generation realized the error of their predecessors ways, and (I believe) truly wanted to see the restoration of Vinson Slough. I applaud them for that.

Even CCA got on the bandwagon and helped fund the project after it was obvious the project was moving forward. I'll not comment on their motives, only that I'm thankful for their funding.

I would be remiss if I did not add my thanks to SCBI (Save Cedar Bayou Inc.), particularly the misunderstood and often wrongly maligned Lynn Edwards, for initializing and keeping the (Cedar Bayou portion) of the project alive from the beginning, and through it's darkest days. Without their valiant efforts at great personal expense and sacrifice, There never would have been a project.

Note: The original lawsuit did not name the family or family businesses as plaintiffs, only the government agencies involved, but facts uncovered during the investigation were deeply embarrassing to the family and its patriarch.

Further note: When the Federal Judge ruled the lawsuit could proceed, as the Statute of Limitation did not apply, since the damage was still ongoing, things took a sudden turn for the better.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #910
JoshJ
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
The current generation had a change of heart after it became apparent that the project was going to proceed regardless the objections or interference of them or others. After RFA (Recreational Fishing Alliance) and FTCP (Friends of Texas Coastal Passes) withdrew their lawsuit (without prejudice) in the interest of promoting unity, the opposition began falling in line.

None of the opposition wanted the lawsuit reinstated after it became further apparent that they would lose, and probably be forced to pay for the entire project. In addition, some of the newer generation realized the error of their predecessors ways, and (I believe) truly wanted to see the restoration of Vinson Slough. I applaud them for that.

Even CCA got on the bandwagon and helped fund the project after it was obvious the project was moving forward. I'll not comment on their motives, only that I'm thankful for their funding.

I would be remiss if I did not add my thanks to SCBI (Save Cedar Bayou Inc.), particularly the misunderstood and often wrongly maligned Lynn Edwards, for initializing and keeping the (Cedar Bayou portion) of the project alive from the beginning, and through it's darkest days. Without their valiant efforts at great personal expense and sacrifice, There never would have been a project.

Note: The original lawsuit did not name the family or family businesses as plaintiffs, only the government agencies involved, but facts uncovered during the investigation were deeply embarrassing to the family and its patriarch.

Further note: When the Federal Judge ruled the lawsuit could proceed, as the Statute of Limitation did not apply, since the damage was still ongoing, things took a sudden turn for the better.

That is the best background information that I have read. Thanks for the clarification.