Trip to Cedar Bayou yesterday - Page 91 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #901
Im Headed South
Registered Users-pm+
 
Im Headed South's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 27 2006
Location: La Vernia / Lamar
Age: 47
Posts: 4,861
Rep Power: 21483654
Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
Still a little early for trout, reds are pretty thick though from what I've heard. Mouth is still migrating south as predicted, tides are way low right now for some reason, we usually see a big rush of water into the bays around the spring equinox which was a couple of days ago but as of now there's no sign of that happening. The last couple of springs we really saw a lot of scouring of the cuts with the major tide swings so hopefully the same happens this year.
Im Headed South is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #902
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+
 
bigfishtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 17 2007
Age: 62
Posts: 6,055
Rep Power: 21269647
bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
The mouth keeps moving south just like it did before. Why won't it eventually fill in this time around?
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 07:58 AM   #903
Im Headed South
Registered Users-pm+
 
Im Headed South's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 27 2006
Location: La Vernia / Lamar
Age: 47
Posts: 4,861
Rep Power: 21483654
Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
Suppose to stop once it gets to the high dune line on the south side which is just south of the mouth of VS, once it gets there it's supposed to start migrating back to the north but at a slower pace. The hydraulic effects of having both CB and VS open are suppose to be enough to keep it scouring itself out, as long as enough water moves through the mouth it's going to be moving between the high dunes on the south and north side which is why jetties will not work, it's a dynamic area that needs to keep moving. If the amount of water that is now in the back lakes of St Joe and exchanging through VS is any indicator then there should be plenty of water pressure moving in and out of that side for a while, there are new cuts into Aransas Bay along the shoreline that are 8'+ deep where dry land was 18 months ago. All the above is according to models that have been right so far but may change as this isn't an exact science, there is no doubt in the difference the opening has made to the fishery of the area and it's already exceeding the life span of most all the nay sayers who were spouting off it would be closed in a year or 18 months. When the time comes for some maintenance dredging there's already about 1.5 million in the bank to help pay for it and addition funding will be much easier to find given the improvements that have been seen so far, I know some guides that should write a hell of check given the amount of time they spend out there with clients
Im Headed South is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #904
Spots and Dots
Registered Users-pm+
 
Spots and Dots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23 2004
Location: yo mama house
Age: 40
Posts: 6,846
Rep Power: 21486405
Spots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to Pirate
[QUOTE=I know some guides that should write a hell of check given the amount of time they spend out there with clients [/QUOTE]


Unfortunately, many/most of them are takers, not givers..........
Spots and Dots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 08:48 AM   #905
Im Headed South
Registered Users-pm+
 
Im Headed South's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 27 2006
Location: La Vernia / Lamar
Age: 47
Posts: 4,861
Rep Power: 21483654
Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots and Dots View Post
Unfortunately, many/most of them are takers, not givers..........

Unfortunately your right but it still doesn't deter me or a few others I know from reminding them at the cleaning station.
Im Headed South is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #906
Puddle_Jumper
Registered Users-pm+
 
Puddle_Jumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 30 2014
Location: Seguin Texas
Age: 60
Posts: 693
Rep Power: 3518677
Puddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Headed South View Post
Suppose to stop once it gets to the high dune line on the south side which is just south of the mouth of VS, once it gets there it's supposed to start migrating back to the north but at a slower pace. The hydraulic effects of having both CB and VS open are suppose to be enough to keep it scouring itself out, as long as enough water moves through the mouth it's going to be moving between the high dunes on the south and north side which is why jetties will not work, it's a dynamic area that needs to keep moving. If the amount of water that is now in the back lakes of St Joe and exchanging through VS is any indicator then there should be plenty of water pressure moving in and out of that side for a while, there are new cuts into Aransas Bay along the shoreline that are 8'+ deep where dry land was 18 months ago. All the above is according to models that have been right so far but may change as this isn't an exact science, there is no doubt in the difference the opening has made to the fishery of the area and it's already exceeding the life span of most all the nay sayers who were spouting off it would be closed in a year or 18 months. When the time comes for some maintenance dredging there's already about 1.5 million in the bank to help pay for it and addition funding will be much easier to find given the improvements that have been seen so far, I know some guides that should write a hell of check given the amount of time they spend out there with clients
Great info Headed South... Thanks for sharing !!
Puddle_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #907
DUTY FIRST
Registered Users-pm+
 
DUTY FIRST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 23 2012
Location: San Antonio / Rockport
Posts: 301
Rep Power: 6266187
DUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to PirateDUTY FIRST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Headed South View Post
Suppose to stop once it gets to the high dune line on the south side which is just south of the mouth of VS, once it gets there it's supposed to start migrating back to the north but at a slower pace. The hydraulic effects of having both CB and VS open are suppose to be enough to keep it scouring itself out, as long as enough water moves through the mouth it's going to be moving between the high dunes on the south and north side which is why jetties will not work, it's a dynamic area that needs to keep moving. If the amount of water that is now in the back lakes of St Joe and exchanging through VS is any indicator then there should be plenty of water pressure moving in and out of that side for a while, there are new cuts into Aransas Bay along the shoreline that are 8'+ deep where dry land was 18 months ago. All the above is according to models that have been right so far but may change as this isn't an exact science, there is no doubt in the difference the opening has made to the fishery of the area and it's already exceeding the life span of most all the nay sayers who were spouting off it would be closed in a year or 18 months. When the time comes for some maintenance dredging there's already about 1.5 million in the bank to help pay for it and addition funding will be much easier to find given the improvements that have been seen so far, I know some guides that should write a hell of check given the amount of time they spend out there with clients
Thank you for the well stated, informed, correct analysis of the issue. The situation is proceeding exactly as predicted by Coast and Harbor Engineering, the company that designed the project.

Of course there are still some naysayers (mostly who never fish the coastal bend) who are still hoping it will fail. The reopening of the pass has greatly improved the fishery all the way south to Port Aransas, not just in the immediate area of CB & VS.

It will only get better in the future as the 25 thousand acres of aquatic nursery wetlands in Vinson Slough and vicinity continue to recover from the damage done by a certain "Texas Conservation Legend" and his cohorts who caused the pass and slough to be closed for their own personal interests.

Thanks to all who helped the project proceed.
DUTY FIRST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #908
jmou50
Alabama Tiger
 
jmou50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 02 2005
Age: 71
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 697556
jmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Piratejmou50 has been promoted to Pirate
Question: Not a complaint about CD and VS. Do y'all think there is an effect on the silting in of South Pass and Contee since Cedar Bayou has been opened....again not complaining.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jmou50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #909
JoshJ
Registered Users-pm+
 
Join Date: Dec 13 2006
Posts: 143
Rep Power: 1686113
JoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to PirateJoshJ has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTY FIRST View Post
Thank you for the well stated, informed, correct analysis of the issue. The situation is proceeding exactly as predicted by Coast and Harbor Engineering, the company that designed the project.

Of course there are still some naysayers (mostly who never fish the coastal bend) who are still hoping it will fail. The reopening of the pass has greatly improved the fishery all the way south to Port Aransas, not just in the immediate area of CB & VS.

It will only get better in the future as the 25 thousand acres of aquatic nursery wetlands in Vinson Slough and vicinity continue to recover from the damage done by a certain "Texas Conservation Legend" and his cohorts who caused the pass and slough to be closed for their own personal interests.

Thanks to all who helped the project proceed.

That "Texas Conservation Legend" donated 1M of the 1.5M that is in the maintenance fund to keep the pass open.
JoshJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #910
Trouthunter
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate
 
Trouthunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20 2000
Posts: 18,869
Rep Power: 21499892
Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Question: Not a complaint about CD and VS. Do y'all think there is an effect on the silting in of South Pass and Contee since Cedar Bayou has been opened....again not complaining.
I wouldn't think so.

TH
__________________
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM
Trouthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2CoolFishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
copyright 2013
© 2008 Noreast Media, LLC | Terms of Service | Contact Us | Advertise