What to do when a loved one appears to have fallen away from their faith. - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul

Notices

Old 03-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #11
TrueblueTexican
Registered Users-pm+

TrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to Pirate
I will be contrarian here

Follow Gods model - not mans, Lucifer will tell you give him more rope, more time, stall till he see's the light etc - God commands us to love one another, approaching him with concern would be your first duty - to do NOTHING at all and wait, puts not only him in grave peril, but would also leave his blood on your hands - its fine if he rejects your concern, you have done your job and let him know you care -- he may cuss you out, deny, turn a cold shoulder, but you must plant that seed and let God grow it -- you don't thump him over the head with Gods word, but make it known you are his friend, sit down at his table, SIN has control of him, remember you are in his foxhole doing battle with forces seeking to overwhelm him and YOU !!!

God will work if we just get out of the way and allow him to work HIS will !!!
TrueblueTexican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #12
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueblueTexican View Post
Follow Gods model - not mans, Lucifer will tell you give him more rope, more time, stall till he see's the light etc - God commands us to love one another, approaching him with concern would be your first duty - to do NOTHING at all and wait, puts not only him in grave peril, but would also leave his blood on your hands - its fine if he rejects your concern, you have done your job and let him know you care -- he may cuss you out, deny, turn a cold shoulder, but you must plant that seed and let God grow it -- you don't thump him over the head with Gods word, but make it known you are his friend, sit down at his table, SIN has control of him, remember you are in his foxhole doing battle with forces seeking to overwhelm him and YOU !!!

God will work if we just get out of the way and allow him to work HIS will !!!
I have already asked to meet with them but they appear to be stalling. I think they know what I want to talk to them about. It is in their hands to call off the meeting this week.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 07:04 AM   #13
KeeperTX
politically incorrect

KeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to Pirate
Once your eyes are opened to the gospel truth, sinning will never be the same. God is a Fathet that cares too much for his children to just leave them playing in the mud. I agree with Trueblue.
KeeperTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #14
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperTX View Post
Once your eyes are opened to the gospel truth, sinning will never be the same. God is a Father that cares too much for his children to just leave them playing in the mud. I agree with Trueblue.
This is very comforting. I keep examining myself to see where I am at everyday.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #15
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingcacher View Post
I have already asked to meet with them but they appear to be stalling. I think they know what I want to talk to them about. It is in their hands to call off the meeting this week.
They called off the meeting. They already know where I stand as I have already had the talk with them. It was very emotional and difficult for them to hear. I am praying for God's divine intervention now.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:58 AM   #16
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
They called off the meeting. They already know where I stand as I have already had the talk with them. It was very emotional and difficult for them to hear. I am praying for God's divine intervention now.
I think at this point the best thing is to try to keep a positive relationship with them. Always be there to support them and love them. Continue to give them your shoulder. Let them see your devotion through your faith and courage and strength.

Remember the scripture of the protocol son. A lot of us have been on flimsy limbs before, but God will always save us if we truly and humbly turn to him.

God bless and a prayer for both of y'all
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 AM   #17
KeeperTX
politically incorrect

KeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to PirateKeeperTX has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Amen. God used you to reach out to them. They know you care and love them. Keep praying brother. You've got a good heart.
KeeperTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #18
TrueblueTexican
Registered Users-pm+

TrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to PirateTrueblueTexican has been promoted to Pirate
A sad reality

Quote:
I would say "resort" to daily prayer for them, but prayer isn't a last resort, it should always be the first action !! Our love of God should be that we speak to him daily, our witness will make those who loved us hate us "…20 For it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. 21 Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rise against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.… and that is what the Christian walk is all about, your and my GREAT Commission, when we are afforded an opportunity to tell others the good news and not shirk that command !! It takes a lot of COURAGE to stay in Gods will.
TrueblueTexican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 09:39 PM   #19
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

Right now we see each other for business purposes and email for business purposes. I sent a personal email and they understand where I stand on unequally yoked relationships. They thought that is what I wanted to talk about but I told them the issue was bigger than that and concerned their spiritual walk. They have yet to reply. I think in their heart they know that they are wrong but perhaps it will take time for them to see that themselves. I feel they may not have had a strong foundation and understanding of their faith. They know that I love them. I have asked their friends to pray from them and even asked one of the pastors whom is a well known pastor to contact them.

It is often difficult to see them on business fully knowing what I know about their spiritual condition. My heart aches for them.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #20
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

Good news. My friend told me that they have some great Christians in their life to help them in their walk with the Lord. I am somewhat relieved.