does shimano make a 750 sized reel anymore? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05
Registered Users-pm+

Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to Pirate
Frown does shimano make a 750 sized reel anymore?

so I have absolutely no idea where I misplaced my go-to light action setup. it was a shimano stradic 750 on a 6ft falcon light rod. I had some 15lb braid on it and I could fish all night with this. Its caught rainbows in Colorado and a ton of white bass and crappie. And I need to get ready for fishing season for this year.

so in the event shimano doesn't make any (which i cant seem to find on their site), whats a comparable replacement by any manufacturer?
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
Brian Castille
Texas Aggie Fisherman

Brian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to Pirate
It's been a looooooooooooooooong time since I've seen a 750. This might be your best bet....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-SYME...4AAOSwXYtYwe3x
Brian Castille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Just get a 1000 size reel. Holds 85 yards of 15# braid. if you want slightly smaller you could get a 100 size Lew's spinning reel. Like a T-100. I've had really good luck with the T-300s. Solid reels for the money, which is about $80.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
jh0400
Registered Users-pm+

jh0400 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I've got a Sahara 1000 loaded with 15lb Super 8 Slick on a St Croix Triumph 6'6 LF rod that I use for whites, crappie, and stock tanks. For <$200 all in, I can't complain.
jh0400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05
Registered Users-pm+

Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to PirateFishin' Texas Aggie 05 has been promoted to Pirate
http://www.lews.com/spinning-teamlewspro.php

this is the tlp 1000, it has about the same size and weight as the lews tp100. how would this fare in saltwater?
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
Stradic Ci4+ FB 1000
Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #7
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
Shimano stopped making 750 size years years ago but U can get 1000 size. It's comparable.
Lexy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #8
Bull Red
Spending way too much time on 2Cool

Bull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to PirateBull Red has been promoted to Pirate
I think the new 1000 size is actually smaller and lighter than the old 750 size, but the prices have gone up dramatically.
Bull Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #9
Fishin' Texas Aggie 05
Registered Users-pm+

SUCCESS !!!!!

i found my rod/reel. turns out its a stradic 1000 FH. I left it at the bay house.

maybe my wife needs another reel.........
Old 03-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #10
JFolm
Act your wage.

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
I had a old 1000 stradic and I used it for night fishing and caught tons of trout and reds on it. Fun using light line and you cast light lures far.
JFolm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message