Redfish Day - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 10:30 PM   #11
Rawpower
Registered Users-pm+

Rawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to Pirate
What does your t-shirt say? It looks cool.
Rawpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #12
hate23putt
Registered Users-pm+

hate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Piratehate23putt has been promoted to Pirate
Are you catching all the crabs for bait? I am having a hard time locating any.
hate23putt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #13
BHOOKER
I think you drifted over them

BHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to PirateBHOOKER has been promoted to Pirate
Every night I pray to the "Fishing God Sharkchum" to catch some next trip. Does Zeus fish up there too???
BHOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #14
sharkchum
If you ain't first your last

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawpower View Post
What does your t-shirt say? It looks cool.
Sharkchum's Surf Fishing Safaris'. I must have been drinking while online, because one day I get a box full of shirts, business cards, pens, and magnetic stickers for my truck. I really don't have a surf fishing guide service , but a lot of people think I should.
Attached Images

sharkchum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #15
sharkchum

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate23putt View Post
Are you catching all the crabs for bait? I am having a hard time locating any.
I buy them at seafood markets. You just have to call around until you find one that has them. They are hard to find this time of year and I usually only catch 3 or 4 a weekend in my traps.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #16
essayons75
Professional Salesman

essayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirate
I'm absolutely amazed at the consistency at which you can catch them.
essayons75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #17
Flounder Face
southern paralichthys lethostigma

Flounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by essayons75 View Post
I'm absolutely amazed at the consistency at which you can catch them.
Nothing he does amazes me anymore. Some guys are chick magnets, John is a fish magnet!
Flounder Face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #18
Chippadip
Registered Users-pm+

Chippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to PirateChippadip has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome congrats. I've never had any luck fishing the surf. I noticed you use a drop shot rig? I use the same thing except much scaled down in the flats when I wade fish.

for my knowledge, how far out do you put your bait when you surf fish? Past all of the breakers? I feel like when I surf fish my bait is just getting tossed around by the ocean and the fish can't find it.

Anyway, congrats on a fun day and great pics.
Chippadip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #19
sharkchum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippadip View Post
Awesome congrats. I've never had any luck fishing the surf. I noticed you use a drop shot rig? I use the same thing except much scaled down in the flats when I wade fish.

for my knowledge, how far out do you put your bait when you surf fish? Past all of the breakers? I feel like when I surf fish my bait is just getting tossed around by the ocean and the fish can't find it.

Anyway, congrats on a fun day and great pics.
It's not really a drop shot rig, it's the leaders I build for surf fishing.
The distance you place your bait's depends on where the gut's are at the time and which gut the fish are feeding in. Most of the fish I catch are relatively close in, usually the first or second gut.
The fish that feed in the surf zone have been doing it for millions of years and are used to the rough water and currents. A rough surf is actually better for fishing, because the crashing waves uncover all the small marine life that is buried in the sand that the fish feed on.