2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Favorite pants for wet wading?

8K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  notthatdeep 
#1 ·
My favorite pants were, up until this past week, a pair of columbia convertible pants with large cargo pockets on the sides. Fish loved them, I loved them, only problem I ever had was when a bag of lures would dislodge themselves from the cargo pocket and I'd look back and see a package of soft plastics floating off on a leeward course.

I've lost those pants, and I'm looking for new ones to replace them. What do you guys use?

Only stipulation, they probably can't have zipper pockets.

#3 ·
I wear the patagonia guidewater pants and they're the best I've ever owned. They aren't convertible but that's why I bought them. They're really light weight, breathable and dry really quickly. I've worn them for almost 3 years now and they're still going as strong as ever.

#10 ·
I hate to disagree with you, but I think sharks have such preternatural sensory ability that if they could stand up and talk, they could probably tell you how much plaque you have in your blood stream, or what your imminent ailments might be, based on the frequencies your blood telegraphs as it pumps through you, while you're standing there talking to the man in the grey suit.

#19 ·
Peter pan pants from academy. They fit tight, don't flap or drag in the water. These are the workout tights. I usually wear a med to large but buy them XL because I don't need or like the compression. I put a pair of shorts on over so it does not look so fairy like.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Update on being stupid.

After this thread from last year I've been watching for some Patagonias on ebay and finally bought some. Then for some dumb reason, I fished the surf on Mothers day and decided to wear shorts and got smoked by a jellyfish. The tentacles got wrapped around my leg. I guess I'll get to test them out later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.