Alligator Gar in Tiki canal - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #21
troutless
Registered Users-pm+

troutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Piratetroutless has been promoted to Pirate
Anyone eat them? On one of the fresh water boards, they say that if you catch one take some sheet metal snipers and cut down the spine and pull apart and remove the two loins that run down the back and remove them and fry them up just as you would fry up deer loin. Anyone try this?
troutless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
Egardner
Registered Users-pm+

Egardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to PirateEgardner has been promoted to Pirate
I saw a 70 pounder in the teakwood marina 2 years ago
Egardner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Jean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4

Last year ,CORNEL ,one good fisherman from Houston,fishing with plastic at ROLLOVER PASS catch one 60 lb. gar fish!!!
Jean Scurtu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #24
dpeck
Registered Users-pm+

dpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Piratedpeck has been promoted to Pirate
Take a look at my thread from a couple of months ago about the gar I caught in Copano Bay if you want. It was a fun fight!

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...ght=copano+gar
dpeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
Mini-x Fan
Take em boys

Mini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to PirateMini-x Fan has been promoted to Pirate
There is one in Terramar that we saw a couple weeks ago when we were night fishing. He cruised up by one of our kayaks. My buddy says his name is Oscar?
Mini-x Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
flatsprowler
Registered Users-pm+

flatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirateflatsprowler has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustad7731 View Post
I've caught alligator gar up near Baytown, in Burnett Bay, lots of them...up to 6'4"
most in the 40 to 50 lb range. I've also caught them in Palcious Bay...

Most live in fresh water, but there are some that make brackish water and salt water
their home...I've not heard of them in the gulf, but I guess that is possible too.

Mustad7731
Jack
Yeah ther seem to be alot of them in Palacious Bay.......caught then there many years ago. Also caught quite a few in Jones Lake....have seen them roll in the canals at bayou vista more times than I can remember.
flatsprowler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 11:39 PM   #27
Calmday
Boatless

Calmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to Pirate
Off of Bamaku Bend
Attached Images

Calmday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 01:46 AM   #28
Titus Bass
MOLON LABE

Titus Bass has disabled reputation
FIFY
Attached Images

Titus Bass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 AM   #29
JKib
Registered Users-pm+

JKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJKib has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
They are all over Sabine Lake and I have seen them as far down as Light House
JKib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 11:16 PM   #30
lindyb
Registered Users-pm+

lindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Piratelindyb has been promoted to Pirate
I caught a 5 footer off my pier in the ICW at Sargent a few weeks ago. A friend caught one up Caney Creek about a month ago. My husband says the back strap is very good to eat.
lindyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message