Duck Hunters - Christmas Bay - Page 6 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 01-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #51
Aggie87
Registered Users-pm+

Aggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish91 View Post
They didn't technically beat him where he wanted to go. If they were sitting in the middle of a cut going to a back lake I probably would have just paddled on by them. Same concept in a boat if someone is fishing the middle of a channel to a back lake you want to get to, guess what you're probably going to do...Go on by. So why is it different with duck hunters??
Hunting or fishing a navigable channel, cut, tidal water way(whatever you want to call it.) to a back lake you better get used to it happening. And paddling or going by in a boat isn't against the law at all. (Navigable tidal water ways)
He stated in the original post that he never saw the hunters or their spread...Everyone is assuming that they were in an entrance or main cut..He did the right thing by leaving and getting out of there. A single could have dropped down in there spread and the hunters nailed it..That would make perfect since why he didn't see any ducks flying. I would guess the hunters didn't even know u were there. Especially if there were laying low in the march. Im an avid fisherman but i do duck hunt and i can honestly say i will not fish the marsh in the winter time due to the duck hunters. Alot of these guys wake up at 1-2 a.m to beat the other hunters out there so imo they earned the right at the spot. Good reason to fish chocolate
Aggie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #52
G-O-T-B
Registered Users-pm+

G-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to PirateG-O-T-B has been promoted to Pirate
When I fish during duck season i usually make a later start to give the hunters a chance to clear out so i can fish where i want and not have to worry about ruining someones hunting.

i guess i do this because i duck hunt as well and just trying to show common courtesy.
G-O-T-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #53
Bozo
Typical Texan

Bozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to Pirate
Folks set up blinds along cold pass. I've seen birds drop in on their setup with boats wizzing by and people fishing within 100 yards and nobody gets mad. I guess the marsh ducks are more scared of people than the pass ducks or something?
Bozo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #54
Aggie87
Registered Users-pm+

Aggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to PirateAggie87 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
Folks set up blinds along cold pass. I've seen birds drop in on their setup with boats wizzing by and people fishing within 100 yards and nobody gets mad. I guess the marsh ducks are more scared of people than the pass ducks or something?
They are shooting the dumb ducks then lol..Probably all red heads
Aggie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #55
RedXCross
Just stay positive and Rant on!

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
No doubt! definitely older and wiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestEndAngler View Post
Reading all this sure makes me glad I have a private lease to go to. I hunted public for 5 years and dealt with hunters on top of me, waders and poling skiffs. In the end they help move the birds too and get rafts up for you to take a shot at. As long as they are aware of your position most everyone keeps a respectful distance. No reason to escalate at situation over a duck or fish.
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #56
HotSauce
WEAR A LIFE JACKET

HotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Where is the fishing report?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Enough with the hee-hawin. Here are some pictures of the reds I found.

Page 1.
HotSauce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #57
poc-ed
Registered Users-pm+

poc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Riggerpoc-ed has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
nice fish.

poc-ed
poc-ed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #58
teeroy
Fightin' the system

teeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirateteeroy has been promoted to Pirate
I'm surprised anyone hunts X-mas bay. There's a few redheads on the south shore line, but that's it.
teeroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #59
iamatt
Work to fish

iamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeroy View Post
I'm surprised anyone hunts X-mas bay. There's a few redheads on the south shore line, but that's it.
Being sarcastic? Flights at 1000 am

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk
iamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #60
Mrschasintail
Registered Users-pm+

Mrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to PirateMrschasintail has been promoted to Pirate
To the OP... I bet you wish you could delete this. Look I see you were just asking suggestions or takes. Not pushing your agenda. Don't worry, if you read here much, you'll see .. the bashing happens alot. It's all good. No harm no foul, live to fish another day!
Mrschasintail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message