Duck Hunters - Christmas Bay - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 01-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #11
HotSauce
WEAR A LIFE JACKET

HotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
You wouldn't have approached the area if another fisherman was working it....why does it matter that duck hunters were there? If they had been wading with a Rod you would have been fine with it...but they had plastic blocks so now you are high and mighty?

Get over it....nobody shot at you. They would have been dissappointed to roll up and see you there first too.... it is the game of courtesy on the water.
woah, buddy... a fisherman casting lures stands out better than two guys sitting in the grass wearing camo.

and I ain't no high and mighty. i turned around and did the right thing. just came here looking for opinions and BOY did i get yours. thank you buddy.
HotSauce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #12
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Well think about what you have said. According to you hunters shooting at you is three cases of attempted murder....no way to take that lightly.

And youre saying it's frustrating dealing with another sportsman That think they have the right to the marsh....roll eyes.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #13
HotSauce
WEAR A LIFE JACKET

HotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to PirateHotSauce has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Well think about what you have said. According to you hunters shooting at you is three cases of attempted murder....no way to take that lightly.

And youre saying it's frustrating dealing with another sportsman That think they have the right to the marsh....roll eyes.
You have taken what I've said out of context, but thank you for your remarks.
HotSauce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #14
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
It's not unreasonable to ask to come on thru.

Was duck Hunting a few days ago and a site fisherman was working down the bank. Blind was about 70 yards off the bank. I could see him fidgeting to stop and move around and waved him on thru....he got close enough to talk, power poled down and we visited a bit about how the fishing and duck hunting was. I told him where I knew some redfish were loaded up and he told me where he saw some teal and pintail....

And he fished on by....and we still got our limit. I would recognize his boat in the future and he mine.

If we don't all stand together we will lose it all seperately.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #15
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
This is not true. It has to be "unreasonable and deliberate interference."

And from a fisherman's perspective, it is frustrating as well dealing with hunters that think they own the right of passage to a marsh lake just by plopping their john boat down and throwing out plastic ducks at the only entrance/exit. There are hundreds of lakes in that marsh. A more educated outdoorsman would've chosen more wisely.

Also worth mentioning is the amount of preparation it takes to go on the trip that I took. 3 miles in kayak at 6 in the morning to turn around... I've done both and I can guarantee you it takes more elbow grease getting that kayak back in the marsh and being prepared enough to have a successful trip.
They were there first so they have the right to hunt there. If you were there first then you'd have the right to fish there. Same thing. Doesn't have anything to do with what kind of outdoorsman they are.

The amount of effort you put into paddling in there means exactly nothing. They beat you there. Get over it. No different than if another fisherman beat you there. I have hunted and fished out of kayaks for over 20 years, I know exactly what goes into it.

Once you know they are hunting there if you stay around close enough to screw up their hunt you are deliberately interfering with their hunt. All I was saying is the best thing to do is move along and leave them alone like you did. Some folks think if they just hang out and fish and screw up their hunt long enough that they will leave. Or maybe they will go confront them and run them off. Either way would be breaking the law and could end up getting you a citation.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 09:28 PM   #16
WestEndAngler
Cast & Blaster

WestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks now every internet scout will be in Christmas lol.

Sucks you got fired at or thought you did. I carry a flash light to shine at people before dawn. A loud hail call works after sunrise. I usually stand up and waive.
WestEndAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #17
Trophytrout_47
Registered Users-pm+

Trophytrout_47 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
You never saw them
...they likely never saw you....
....i have been surprised by a kayaker or wader a time or two. Its unnerving for sure knowing things could have been much worse...

Then there are the paddle clowns that will drift thru your decoys.....

Respect and courtesy should always be given...

Those paddle clowns are bad at the ramp too. I've never seen so many trucks taking up boat ramp parking in all my life, or sitting in chairs in front of the ramp🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trophytrout_47 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 01:31 AM   #18
Capt. Shinski
Registered Users-pm+

Capt. Shinski is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Fisherman basically wade through your spread while hunting Christmas... I've had guys walk within shotgun range too many times.

Just a note: If you see guys hunting, be polite and just wade somewhere else.
Capt. Shinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 06:00 AM   #19
bill

bill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Pirate
Sound travels in funky ways on the water. If there was any fog involved, the hunters might not have been any where close to you. Glad you were not hurt and found some fish.

bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 06:49 AM   #20
robspinn
Registered Users-pm+

robspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrobspinn has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Just because you didn't see any ducks when they were shooting doesn't mean there weren't any. They may have been shooting at ducks that you didn't see. Or maybe they were shooting in the air to let you know they were there. Either way it doesn't sound like they were shooting at you. You would have known if they were shooting at you! You might have too active an imagination to be carrying a sidearm! You did the right thing by giving them some room.
robspinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message