Academy deal alert. - Page 5 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #41
groundswatter
Registered Users-pm+

groundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirategroundswatter has been promoted to Pirate
Just got the last one in pearland. Had no tags so I had to stand there while they got the right price...worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
groundswatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #42
Sisco Kid
Registered Users-pm+

Sisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to Pirate
I got lucky and found 3 of the 6" at the Pasadena store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 06:27 AM   #43
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
Make sure you SCAN all items you want to buy anytime you go!!!

I cannot reiterate this more...items are "marked down" at a price and when you scan them they are can sometimes be mis-marked and much cheaper!

I have seen $100 items on sale for $40 and scanned the items and they are only $4!! It is amazing at times and I have confronted the managers of each store and they all say the same thing....it is a great deal and we know it and enjoy!!! I think it is a great marketing ploy as it brings people INTO the store more with sales!!!

I have saved at least 50% on items I want just by scanning them in the isles before I buy.

Try it next time you go. It is usually the marked down items but it can be the regular items if you can find them.
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #44
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
Make sure you SCAN all items you want to buy anytime you go!!!

I cannot reiterate this more...items are "marked down" at a price and when you scan them they are can sometimes be mis-marked and much cheaper!

I have seen $100 items on sale for $40 and scanned the items and they are only $4!! It is amazing at times and I have confronted the managers of each store and they all say the same thing....it is a great deal and we know it and enjoy!!! I think it is a great marketing ploy as it brings people INTO the store more with sales!!!

I have saved at least 50% on items I want just by scanning them in the isles before I buy.

Try it next time you go. It is usually the marked down items but it can be the regular items if you can find them.

x2 on what Bonkers said. Saw a Frogg Togg rain jacket marked down to $25, scanned it and it was actually priced at $14!
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 02:18 PM   #45
Bearwolf34
Registered Users-pm+

Bearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to Pirate
Guess I need to head back to academy for the 5th time in as many days. Spend the afternon scanning my "wants" and see if hit jackpot. Perhaps a new castaway, waterloo or shimano rod or more mirrolures.
Bearwolf34 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #46
CorkyFanB
Registered Users-pm+

CorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to GunnerCorkyFanB has been promote to Gunner
So can anybody out there help me out and tell me where any are left? I've looked around League City and Pearland & nada. Or maybe one of you kind hearted, wadefishin gents would sell one?? Any help is mucho appreciated...
CorkyFanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #47
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Get you some! In the picture below, the top back is is the one I have had for almost 2 years. Looks almost new because of boat use only and rarely gets wet. It cost $49.99.

The bag on the bottom is the more expensive one. So an incredible deal at $29.99!

Got the last one...hehe. It is nice for $30 witht he bottom on it. I'm gonna use it well.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #48
spotsndots
88 Ag

spotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Pirate
I just went up to the relatively new one in Cypress near Grand Pkwy and they don't have any of the 4" or 6" left.
spotsndots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 05:21 AM   #49
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotsndots View Post
I just went up to the relatively new one in Cypress near Grand Pkwy and they don't have any of the 4" or 6" left.
The Academy at 290 and 1960 has about 5 4" belts if you can talk the manager into reducing the prices.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #50
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
That's the other weird thing. The pricing on sales and clearance is never consistent store to store. I'd pay full price for most things if they would just carry saltwater tackle worth a **** up here around Austin.
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message